Match Review vs Freo

He just needs a consistent run at it. Rates himself a bit too much i think. Less time clowning around off field with his mega bogan fiancee.

If we hadnā€™t dropped Hartley after he hadnā€™t missed a beat all pre-season/season and in 2016, maybe heā€™d have been more in form.

9 Likes

Agree, messed his confidence and his reading of afl play a bit, give him a few weeks and he will be all good again

Is it safe to come in here yet??

1 Like

He was pretty poor before he got dropped IMO.
I still have hope for him but not sure he is our long term answer

1 Like

itā€™s like this.

Why did Hooker go forward? Because at the time we could afford to lose him from the backline even though it weakened that area of the team (ambrose, hartley, brown) and we desperately needed him in the forward line (no one to help daniher).

Whatā€™s the situation now; we can afford to lose him from the forward line even though it weakens that area (stewart) and we desperately need him in the backline (ambrose)

So I think while Ambrose is injured we should swing Hooker back and have Hartley/Hooker with Hurley roaming, with Daniher/Stewart and maybe Francis forward

yet he was good all last year
short memories in here

Those are exactly my sentemonies

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure why, but this loss has ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  me off more than any this year so far.
Why?
The players:
Stanton: seriously this guy should have been culled 5 years ago. How he still gets a game is laughable.
Canā€™t kick, run, mark, defend. Whatā€™s left!!!
Zaka: the new Stanton, runs up and down the same spot waiting for others to give him the ball only to turn it over and ā– ā– ā– ā–  it up.
Letā€™s hope he doesnā€™t last as long as the original Stanton.
Dea & Hartley: thereā€™s a reason why they werenā€™t on a AFL list before we topped them up.
Gleeson: the only guy thatā€™s allowed to play defence for our club and be that skinny is Fletcher. And he ainā€™t no fletcher!!!
Leunberger: the modern day Ruckmen should get the ball more than 10 times a game. Plays like a dinasour. Rather play McKernan.

Skill errors:
Never in my 30 years have I seen a team kick the ball out on the full 4 times in 5 minutes. It was ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  laughable.
Daniher missing the handball.
Francis flying for marks with 1 hand.
Hurley dropped mark.
Zerret and others easy turnovers
Myers playing as a defender (woosha please)
Forwards that canā€™t kick and defenders that canā€™t mark.

Seriously WHAT THE ā– ā– ā– ā–  HAS HAPPENED TO THIS CLUB!!

2 Likes

Hooker into the backline, Heppell to half back and give Stewart a go at FF.
If we can get 2 or 3 goals from Stewart and Hooker makes our backline more rock solid, its a win.

Brereton.

So youā€™re on us next week I imagine?

1 Like

Stewart isnā€™t a FF. Heā€™s a mobile tall forward. He and Francis are playing for the same role, not Hooker and Stewart. If Hooker goes back (which I wouldnā€™t do) Belly probably has to play full forward.

But weā€™ve got Hurley, Hartley and Dea. We should be able to work it out in defence. The major issue is the midfield.

3 Likes

On the midfield, it is a indictment that only 4 players got over 20 possessions, and only three of them are midfielders.

1 Like

Bombers by 34 points

3 Likes

Heā€™s had a quarter of this list for his full time here: 2 off seasons and 28 games

People need to let that sink in.

Heā€™s - rightfully - going through the list to see what heā€™s got.

4 Likes

Weā€™ve had 2 big forwards fire multiple shots on goal every week so far. Itā€™s the one thing that is still holding up.

3 Likes

Complete lack of workrate

Not getting to enough contests. Not providing enough overlap run. Not running hard enough to be an option.

2 Likes

Want to know what the real irony is?

Stanton got the 5th most disposals for us out of the non-tall players.

(Hooker and JD got 5th and 6th most disposals overall, which is part of the why we should NOT be moving either of them back).

2 Likes

Brad Hill had 37 possessions

Nearly as many as 3 of our outside mids combined - Stanton (17), Zaka (14), Colyer (14)

Hills a very good runner but all those 3 feature high in our endurance running in preseason. Simply donā€™t work hard enough on game day however.

1 Like