Match Review vs GWS

Wasted lots of chances in the first half and then fell apart in the second. A familiar story.

Bring on on some top draft picks and a big list cull.

They turned up knowing their only chance was to clog it up and stop their run. They could only manage to play this high tenacity game for a half.

They dropped off after half time and their run and carry smashed us.

Today our weaknesses in our list were exposed for all to see. No leg speed, run and spread. Zero. Our list is so deficient in so many areas it’s not funny.

Btw, how can we continue to cut Zacha so much slack? His efforts are substandard.

The highlight: Cooney to be suspended and can’t play (thank god).

Secondary highlight: Daniher will be great. Giles first half great.

Confirmation: Howlett, Hocking (yes he tries) try hard but not good enough. Steinberg not good enough.

Disappointing: Gleeson, Zacha, Carslile, Brown… List goes on.

The year can’t end fast enough. This list is actually pretty deplorable in so many critical areas.

Harsh on Browne given that he didn’t play, and imo Hocking was very important in the first half.

Good tank to sub out our most in form defender on the day as soon as they sub on another key forward.

Didn’t notice the giant ice bag on his groin? Or the commentators saying he was injured. Or did it not compute?

Giles showed enough to be a good 2nd ruckman to help out Belly or whoever else we get if Belly leaves.

Edwards MUST play every game fully for the rest of the year.

Steinberg is gone, Cooney had the worst possible game a player could have of his supposed stature, 6 OOB on the full is appalling.

Yeah Dave10 l thought Browne was disappointing as well. Unsighted, invisible and had no impact. lol

Good tank to sub out our most in form defender on the day as soon as they sub on another key forward.

Didn’t notice the giant ice bag on his groin? Or the commentators saying he was injured. Or did it not compute?

This

If this continues, Hird should waive the final year of his contract and fall on his sword. I have never seen an Essendon side so insipid. This list is better than this.

this is what the AFL want - Hird sacked and them (maybe having a say in the new coach)
we as supporters must resist this and show our support for Hirdy
Stay strong

This is not Castro’s Cuba circa 1959, this is a football club. I love Hird, but the performance of the team this year, regardless of injury or the supplements saga, is simply not good enough.

Just don’t believe it was a genuine injury worthy of being subbed off considering he was marking and kicking freely right up until 3/4 time.

Just don’t believe it was a genuine injury worthy of being subbed off considering he was marking and kicking freely right up until 3/4 time.

Tell us more Dr Peter Larkins

He was injured, that is why he was subbed.

Highlight of the day was hocking getting a hitout in the 1st qtr.

Guilt was good, a couple of smothers nearly cost us but I really like his composure

In the end they were just too classy. Would be different if our kids weren’t all injured

Don’t think obrien up to it - delist for me

Ever had a groin injury?

If this continues, Hird should waive the final year of his contract and fall on his sword. I have never seen an Essendon side so insipid. This list is better than this.

Agree.

Hird looked beaten in the coaches box.
The players looked beaten on the ground.

He couldn’t run, walking is not the same as running, running is required for AFL level football, it allows the player to get to the contest, leap and mark and get away from the forward.

I think Cooney had 4 shots on goal and all 4 went out on the full!!

Need more contact training.

Good night ■■■■-Dog, Stienberg etc. Please spend quality social time with Ambrose, Melksham, Courtney D et al. Great efforts over the journey but not up to the standard set by Hawthorn and others. I hope Jimmy H will serve you the drinks during his own retirement commencing October 2015.

Gwilt gets the nod for 2016. Stein. Nup.
But as regards the performance of a lot of the players, it looks like a team thats very, very down on confidence. The failure to win white ants its confidence each week.

Yeah, i like gwilt. Has the occasional brain fade nut he’s way better than i thought he’d be

Stein, dempsey and o brien are all VFL players

Jackson merrett and edwards should play the rest of the year, full games

Positives:

-Not many but the usuals tried hard all day (Stanton, Baguley, Hooker, Goddard)

-Giles good game but needs to impact the marking contests. Several times Phillips/Lobb would take the contested mark.

-Laverde great 1st half. Shows good awareness and sidestep.

NEGATIVES:

-Cooney. How can you turn the ball over at such a high rate with no pressure around you. Is it possible the club signed him to one year with an OPTION for a second? Somebody say so.

-Steinberg’s disposal very poor. Has had his chances for me.

-Zaka quiet, Hepp fumbly, Gleeson/Dempsey/ Jerrett no impact.