Match review vs North

What happened to Heppell?

So thats 3 years in a row we have turned into laughing stocks............this year we have a an excuse because no team could keep going with the ■■■■■ that is happening at the club.

But.............maybe this drug saga galvanised us so much early in the season that we played at our absolute maximum which got us over the line in a few close games........Freo,Eagles, Bloos etc

Our form the last 10 weeks has been very ordinary including the 6 in a row we won prior to Hawks match

Maybe, just maybe, we are not that good

Maybe just maybe you should look at the bigger picture.

next year can we play our vfl side for the first 4 rounds and then our best 22 in round 5?

So thats 3 years in a row we have turned into laughing stocks............this year we have a an excuse because no team could keep going with the ■■■■■ that is happening at the club.

But.............maybe this drug saga galvanised us so much early in the season that we played at our absolute maximum which got us over the line in a few close games........Freo,Eagles, Bloos etc

Our form the last 10 weeks has been very ordinary including the 6 in a row we won prior to Hawks match

Maybe, just maybe, we are not that good

Maybe just maybe you should look at the bigger picture.

maybe

What happened to Heppell?

Crack in his foot. Dare say that means his year is over.

Dickie little kicks

Silly little 1m handbills to someone under the same heat

Kicking to 2 on 1’s

Confidence is the issue

Dickie little kicks
Kicking to 2 on 1's
Confidence is the issue

confidence is not the issue

their brains are fried

Dalgleish looked good.

What’s on tv?

Dickie little kicks
Kicking to 2 on 1's
Confidence is the issue

confidence is not the issue

their brains are fried

It's both. So much going on you don't think straight. You ■■■■ up and it chips at your confidence, and the confidence of your team-mates. You don't run to support anymore. The habits you've built up through the pre-season and into the season proper begin to fray. You stop playing instinctively because the instinct has been jammed. You go for the dinky kicks rather than the more daring play you're used to. When your team-mate has the ball you don't assume clean disposal anymore, you don't run to present, or to dangerous spots, which makes it hard for the guy with the ball. That makes for more contests, more turnovers, less confidence. It's a vicious, downward spiral.

This is me after cooling down.

Zaka, Goddard, Stanton, Howlett. These four blokes are meant to be stars, or at least be able to help out the skipper. Time after time this year all four of them have f*****d up and left everything to Watson. Once Hepp went down we were done. Lucky Melksham was good or it would've been 12+ goals. And don't give me some ■■■■ about Goddard having 30 disposals. I literally cannot remember one that hit its target or gave us a damaging position going forward, and that is exactly what we recruited him for.

This is seriously getting embarrassing. We're just giving every c*** supporter from the other 17 clubs ammunition to hate us even more by playing like a bunch of retards. The next time I have to hear some dipshit say "Ohh they must've taken the wrong drugs today" I'm going to f***ing murder someone.  :angry:

That spare man in defence worked a treat again

I honestly laugh that some of you think that the form slump is wholly due to the Asada investigation. The reality is this is becoming an extremely worrying trend under Hird. We are a shambles at the moment. Melbourne would beat us right now, and unless the EFC acknowledges that there is a problem it will happen again next year. Clean out the whole f****** high performance team and recruit Andrew Russell from Hawthorn. We have even blown out a couple of hammys the last couple of weeks, and guess what, the weapon is not there anymore. I’m sick of the lack of professionalism at this once great club.

Lack of class legspeed hurting us badly

Need to play kids dalgliesh hams joe steinberg every week only 3 or 4 tried today joe jobe melk played a lone hand pears jetta gumby gone

I honestly laugh that some of you think that the form slump is wholly due to the Asada investigation. The reality is this is becoming an extremely worrying trend under Hird. We are a shambles at the moment. Melbourne would beat us right now, and unless the EFC acknowledges that there is a problem it will happen again next year. Clean out the whole f****** high performance team and recruit Andrew Russell from Hawthorn. We have even blown out a couple of hammys the last couple of weeks, and guess what, the weapon is not there anymore. I'm sick of the lack of professionalism at this once great club.

2 hammys is not a whole teams worth of hammies.
get a grip

Those drafts when we had high draft picks continue hurting us v badly joel selwood junior boy rioli and daniel rich could have been in.our midfield instead of gumby etc

I honestly laugh that some of you think that the form slump is wholly due to the Asada investigation. The reality is this is becoming an extremely worrying trend under Hird. We are a shambles at the moment. Melbourne would beat us right now, and unless the EFC acknowledges that there is a problem it will happen again next year. Clean out the whole f****** high performance team and recruit Andrew Russell from Hawthorn. We have even blown out a couple of hammys the last couple of weeks, and guess what, the weapon is not there anymore. I'm sick of the lack of professionalism at this once great club.

Wholly? No. I think it is a significant factor, and the fact of the matter is that it does take much of a drop off to be uncompetitive, and it snowballs from there.

I don't think physical conditioning is an issue, beyond the fact the team has been going through a heavy training load. They might be a little weary, but they're fit. And the fact that the Weapon is gone undercuts the assertion that our method is wrong. Clearly the method this year is different from last.

If I was to point the finger anywhere I think we cruised too much through that easy block of six games. I suspect TRB wanted to experiment a little, but to the detriment of performance. This was a time we should of been aiming to become routinely ruthless, without slackening off. We should have been reinforcing the defensive structures and actions - so important early in the year - rather than letting them wither as they did. We should have been cementing a method and an attitude until it became automatic.

The other, probably minor beef, is that I don't think we've played enough of the younger players when we had the opportunity too.

Having said all that, I still believe that this investigation is the big part of this decline. Perhaps it should be seen that way - that we did well to hold on so well, for so long.

For the record, and maybe I'm alone in this, I haven't given away this year. We're in the finals. A win is all we need for some momentum. With a training load trailing off we should begin running on better. And, as you know, anything is possible once you're in the big game. Never give it away.

When did our game plan change to “Kick and handball over our players” instead of aim for their chest

If you had of compared the team in the first half to the second half. You would have thought that they were different sides.

It’s an attitude problem not a fitness ASADA issue.

Zaharakis is not taking accountability and needs to be dropped he isn’t putting in the effort.

Watson, Heppell, Jason Winderlich, Pig, Melkshake, Carlisle, Bagualy and Daniher are the only the only players putting in 100 percent week in week out.

Is this how you want to be remembered in 2013 Bombers? When the going gets tough you just rolled over? Disgusting.

we have hit the wall physically.

again. dunno why, but we do. Im sure the asada thing is playing a part, but how much?

All of a sudden we can't run, chase, tackle or hit a target.

How many hanballs to the feet? how many handballs over the head?

how many times do we go inboard from half back, to players surrounded and absolutely not on, just to turn it over?

I have no idea what it is, but it is happening again.

FFS.

When you cant go to the supermarket, read a paper, watch TV, read a paper, go out for a beer or ANYTHING without getting a flogging its got to have an impact. 

Season over. Cooked. Could have been anything without ASADA.

#standbyhird