Match review vs the cats

Can’t be too unhappy with that. Showed that we can bring anyone down to our level and be very competitive. We couldn’t make it stick for 4 quarters, but that was always going to be one of our biggest challenges this year.
Good signs, but obviously the forward line is still a nightmare.

DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THIS TEAM CONSISTENTLY MAKES IT THIS HARD FOR THEMSELVES TO KICK GOALS. IT IS SO ■■■■■■■ FRUSTRATING 3 YEARS NOW.

ALSO, GOING IN 1 RUCKMAN PLUS -1 RUCKMAN AMBROSE IS LOSING US MANY GOALS CAN WE STOP, AGAIN, 3 YEARS NOW.

Red hot crack

We played well overall considering the expectations placed upon us before the game.

But ineptitude rather than inexperience cost us the game today.

Baguley running forward with a runner inside and a player on the half forward flank when the game was there to be won in the last. He ignores both, does nothing, gets caught holding the ball and then POOFF… Momentum gone and it was all down hill form there.

Anyone care to offer a theory to this ignorant supporter as to why Ambrose plays as a relief ruck? Different season, different coaching regime, but same belief in Ambrose. Hard to believe that high paid coaches can see anything in this dud.

Meh, i would take a 30 point loss with a full team. Thought the first 3 quarters were great, tough football. Lots to like.

Cats are front running soft ■■■■■. Be lucky to make the 4. Fark em.

Zerrett, Parish and Fantasia are like a trio of bantam roosters. Cocky little ■■■■■. Just what we need.

Much better than expected. Love the passions and effort.

how about the Zerrett chase down on Danger, symbolic.

THE Z TRAIN IS COMING.

Draft some natural forwards. Fk me noone has any idea up there.

DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THIS TEAM CONSISTENTLY MAKES IT THIS HARD FOR THEMSELVES TO KICK GOALS. IT IS SO ■■■■■■■ FRUSTRATING 3 YEARS NOW.

ALSO, GOING IN 1 RUCKMAN PLUS -1 RUCKMAN AMBROSE IS LOSING US MANY GOALS CAN WE STOP, AGAIN, 3 YEARS NOW.

Stop yelling man, I have a headache

Said it before, and i’ll say it again now, anything under 60 points should be classed as a win for us, so that’s how i’m treating this game.

yes plently still to work on, need to find ways to kick more than 10 goals a game (even tho we were 2 goals off it this game).

AS much as they’ve improved, against quality defences, mckenna and ambrose are found out for their lack of awareness and ability in general sadly.

The rest, it is what it is. was good to start well for a change and match them for pretty much 3 qtrs til they ran out of gas, instead of getting blown away in the first qtr and a bit, then playing catchup.

Still plently of tweeking to do, to hopefully find a better optimal higher output, but no doubt that’ll come.

What I loved was that players got up in Selwood and Dangers face when they were caught red hot. Not too over the top, just enough to show the guys have pride and confidence.

Z Merret is a running machine with or without the ball I loved his game.

Think we are gonna get picked apart by some teams if we continue to handball so much coming out of the backline. Looks good.

The forward line is an obvious issue, and when we lost Lav it got tough. But thats a defence with some A graders that we played against.

Can’t wait to see how the pies play and look forward to a good showing on Anzac Day.

Well done, lucky the cats were inaccurate as it could’ve got ugly, and I wouldn’t say that was a reflection of the performance.

Red hot crack

I think you should get that looked at…

Was at the game- very proud of the boys. Played one man down for half the game - made a few errors here & there, but you can’t fault the effort of our side - much smaller bodies on the whole (needed another big/tall forward) & way less experience than the Cats. Well done to all of them. Lots to look forward to.

Sat down at the ground and thought if we get within 6 goals, we’ve had a good day.

Killed the Cats in the middle. Young kids really hit another level today. If they keep going like this for the rest of the year then they are going to be very good.

Jesus’s Christ umpires this year are dumber than ever. I was howling at that Stanley non free.

3 years? We haven’t had a player kick 40 goals since 2008.

Am happy with today’s effort.

Awesome first half effort but I must have missed the reorientation of the ground at half time. Apparently the goals were moved to the wings.

I really can’t fault the effort today. My questions are about the use of Ambrose (ongoing issue) and our forward structure. Yes Geelong have a good defence and yes they are organised by far out we are shocking going forward.

I’d like to see Grimley get a go, or anyone really that might have a chance at taking a single defender off Joey… very hard to influence a match with 3 (and sometimes 4) defenders on you.