Match Thread vs Collingwood

Won them the game

A man down in Ambrose most of day plus the extra men the Pies had officiating the game makes it pretty hard to win

2 Likes

Along with some judicious use of the whistle by the umpires throughout

1 Like

Cannot blame this game on the boys

The amount of disheartening non calls and bullshit htbs ruined this

Worst of all was that bounce in the 4th that have them clean take away should have come back

I forgot Langford was even playing

3 Likes

I think he did too.

1 Like

I reckon you’re all sorts of wrong, but we’ll just have to agree to disagree on this one wob.

If I find the time later, I’ll explain why.

Interesting to read comments hear after the game. I thought we were the better team for most of the day but didn’t capitalise on our opportunities. Being reamed by the umpires didn’t help much. Credit where it’s due, Collingwood lifted when it needed to, but we were stiff. Not often I’ll write that either.

8 Likes

And Cox has become almost Gawn like. He seemed like he was fkn everywhere.

Against McKernan anyone’s ruck work would be

1 Like

A lot of bounces today on the edge of the circle should have been recalled.

Controlled the play in the second and third and could put any distance on them. They defending the ground really well. Saad and McKenna weren’t allowed to generate their normal run. Essendon were never playing finals. Too far back in the pack even with a win

1 Like

Exactly. I get the need for rest breaks, etc, however, Smack was rucking for too long and we were getting smashed in the guts. Took way too long for Belly to be brought back on. The game was iced by then.

Poor umpiring- blown chances… put up a pretty good performance for much of the day but definitely time to play the youngsters now. Let’s get ready for 2019.

Got us at 6.25 the win at Qtr time. How awesome am I.

Pies too good. Pendlebury and Sidebottom just too composed and classy when it mattered. Controlled the game. We just didn’t have anybody be that could do the same.

Hope they give Jake another couple. He really has something at this level, and will fit in nicely if & when he catches the pace,

2 Likes

Losing the rotation hurt in the last. We faded badly around the ball. Couldn’t get hepp and zerret near it and suspect tbell totally blew up. We let them out the front of stoppages several times

We missed key chances to stretch that lead.

Reckon there were a few sore at the end of that. Brown grabbed for a groin, smack for a hammy.

1 Like

THE’s bandwagon must be covered in grease. People are falling off left and right.

3 Likes

Add Grundy and I hate to say it Cox