Matchday Thread - Essendon vs Brisbane Lions

Shocking match. Shocking skills.

We’re lucky we played a worse team than us.

1 Like

Do you really have to single out posters after a win? Enjoy the win!

1 Like

Myers and Brown played well.

He said 4 times this week he wanted us to lose, he was desperate for it. So yes I do.

1 Like

BINGO!
Happy to fatten up my CrownBet account

1 Like

On the Verandah at the Gabba. Go Bombers. Great day.

5 Likes

If you play 4 quarters of hard footy. Weight of numbers you gets the win even if your polish is off. Polish comes with time and confidence.

4 Likes

redman

beat them without hepps

still do not man up men running out of our back 50 to get handball receives, still give up easy goals because of it

1 Like

Correct. Fought hard with a man down in the heat.

Even with the 10 day break there’ll be a bit of a watch on Dev Smith, Heppell and Bellchambers getting up for the West Coast game.

1 Like

Nice to see Guelfi as a permanent member of the side now, and I reckon Redman won’t be too far away on that effort. His delivery into the F50 wasn’t great, but everything else he did was.

1 Like

Bad time for a Bye for us I reckon.

Heppell will be fine. If he has walked off the ground after his hit, he will surely pass the test for 10 days time. Off on a stretcher in la la land…maybe not, but he’ll be right.

perfect time.

Heppel gets the week off.

Some of our guys need a break

1 Like

I think a good time actually - after a hot interstate Sunday game, which wasn’t a walk in the park.

I don’t agree - its a great time for the break considering we’re playing west coast in perth. Absolutely no excuse for poor effort in our next game now.

1 Like

Nah, few of our guys a bit sore and travelling to Perth will really take it out of us. The week will freshen a few up and should allow Dev, Heppell and Bellchambers to recover. Fanta also needs another week to get back to speed

2 Likes

Well that’s a clinical win for us against a bottom 4 team. Mason Redman was good on return to seniors.

1 Like

When was the last time we beat a bottom two side?

A ridiculous question to ask when you think about it - but for Essendon, nothing is ridiculous,Off the top of my head, perhaps the Suns late last year (up there)??

1 Like