Matchday Thread Round 7 2020 - Labradoodles

Reckon there are plenty of Essendon supporters that would take 2 in 90 if one was 3 years ago. Better than crapping on about 12 that happened 60-100 years ago…

Dogs will win. Short priced favorites too. Too many important players out in a close competition and we’re not playing anywhere near as well as our ladder position suggests.

2 Likes

Cannot let Johanissen run loose all game as usual.
We need someone to drop him at the first bounce.

2 Likes

Pumped for this game, huge outs but I really think it’s possible if we bring the heat from the pies game. Carlton showed the blueprint how to win against the dogs hope we can emulate

3 Likes

No that makes no sense we’ve had 10 flags in 90 years.

Taking 2 in 90 years for one to be more recent is perhaps one of the worst trades iv heard of haha

Seems like we’ve weathered the storm of us playing like crud and its time for a new era…

You might think that, but I bet there’s plenty of Fans under the age of 25 that beg to differ.

I hope you’re right on the latter, but watch us be the first team to lose to Adelaide next week.

Adelaide are a rabble especially with more and more coming out about the camp so I respetfully disagree that we will lose that.

We will have our turn soon i have faith :slight_smile:

Nah, i can’t agree either. I grew up on stories of my old man watching us get pantsed in the late 60’s all through the 70’s. And then for him to be able to watch the heroes of his day come good. I’ve seen us win two and I’m not that old. The last 20 years have been what he went through then, and we all hope for that success as a reward for continued support.

The Dogs, like the Saints, are just mince. Always have been, always will be.

2 Likes

Any Essendon supporter that believes either of those two lines shouldn’t be barracking for our club.

9 Likes

Our recent history (last 15 years or so) doesn’t really give many of us any reason to justify having confidence in our team.

Even saying that, I still bloody hope we win and the boys can prove me wrong!

Dogs have been very good against us in very recent history, so hope we can take it to them in the midfield, so the backline is not under much pressure.

Looking forward to seeing how Cahill plays tonight!

2 Likes

To add to that our next flag whenever it is will be so huge, will dwarf whatever richmond had in 2017.

The emotions will be too much to handle specially with the Saga and all that.

I can just imagine the headlines in the paper “The powerhouse is BACK”

ANYWAY let’s focus on tonight and smash these doggies all the way back to the kennel!

1 Like

Mmph.

Yeah, nah mate. :no_mouth:

10 Likes

Ive seen one if you count being 9 months old at the time

2 for me. 7 in 93 and 14 in 2000

1 Like

Always had fun with this.

If you were forced to barrack for the team that won the flag in your birth year who’d you cop.

Hawthorn for me.

Carlscum :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Had no idea that the 1991 GF was played at Waverley Park - I got Hawks… :frowning: (Would have seen a three-peat in my twenties though!)

Seen us in 7 Grannies, for 4 Prems.

8 for 5 if we’re counting being on the Old mans lap as a babe in arms.

2 Likes

Essendon (born in 84)

Funny story actually - Roger Merrett’s dad picked up and swung my mum around at that GF while she was pregnant with me after Roger kicked that goal in the last quarter.

And my dad got into an argument with Shirley Straughn (massive hawks supporter) at that game - Shirley bought him a bottle of champagne at the end.

12 Likes

Libratore & Wallis will lean heavily on Merret, I’ll warrant.