Matchday Thread- Vs Brisbane Bears Round 9 2020

No matter who is playing for us tonight all I ask for is 100% intensity at the opposition. They owe us supporters for that poor showing against the dogs the last Friday we played!!!

15 Likes

I’d be having McGrath to Neale

Shiel is more our attacking side mid

3 Likes

Last week we were playing the winless bottom of the ladder team and the majority on here thought we would lose. This week we are playing the second of the ladder team and it seems a majority think we can win. Blitz at its best. Bombers by 58 points.

14 Likes

I think we will be competitive, but their midfield and forwards will be too good for us in the long run.

1 Like

I don’t see their fwd line as scary. They’ve got two kpf’s in effect on debut and Cameron will not get any space from Saad.

I think our defensive group is very strong at present

Midfield we match up well, and should have overall ruck advantage

The only question to me is can our fwd group put enough on scoreboard, cant see anyone starring unless TIPPA lights it up again but just need everyone to chip in.

1 Like

And thats why we are miserable bunch.

1 Like

For me, every game is a toss up. If it’s heads and we play as we did against Collingwood, we’ll win or go damn close. If it’s tails and we play as we did against Footscray, we’ll lose by 10 goals. Which will it be? Who the fark knows?

And if the coin lands on its side and sticks upright so we play somewhere between the two, we’ll lose, but we’ll put together a few 5 minute patches that do just enough to make us all angry that we don’t play like that all the time.

2 Likes

The inclusions are so welcome, the team will be up and about from the first bounce. Lions will not know what hit them. Expecting a good win. Boy I hope I’m not disappointed!

4 Likes

Didn’t help them last time.

6 Likes

Kick long to Belly/Draper/Stewart, they get it on the deck and then Walla/Smith/Cahill/Towner clean up. If we can get entries there’s enough talent to score. It’s on the midfield to get the job done.

4 Likes

Yep. Proper fwd structure should help our general scoring ability

1 Like

Stewart will provide the key foward target we’ve been missing. Gotta get the entries spot on.

WE’RE DONE

1 Like

This mob nearly dropped a game to the DEES ffsgiphy (1)

10 Likes

As bad as Connor was last week I’d have kept him in if saad is going to lock down on Cameron.

Saad will have to sacrifice a fair bit of his offensive game so Connor could’ve stepped up.

I know he’s managed

1 Like

Nope. Dons by 15.

3 Likes

Essendon 32 point winners.
Stewart with a mark of the year contender and 4 goals.
Tippa with 4 goals.
Shiel with 2 goals.
McGrath with 37 disposals.
Ridley further cementing his AA position
Draper to look really good
Belly to dominate as well
Saad to take 12 bounces
Merrett with 30 disposals
12+ behind in frees

6-2 :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

13 Likes

We almost dropped a game to the crows though

Saad to turn it on tonight.

crows aren’t as bad as their record suggests I think, definitely signs there

1 Like