Throw the kitchen sink.

Going to Port according to The Age

Matt White to leave Richmond
	Date

October 1, 2013 - 12:03PM
  • 367 reading now
  •  
127_gleeson.jpg
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.theage.com.au/afl/by/Michael-Gleeson'>Michael Gleeson</a>

Sports Writer for The Age

View more articles from Michael Gleeson

Follow Michael on Twitter Email Michael

art-wbAFLwhite-620x349.jpg

Matt White, small, but pacy. Photo: Sebastian Costanzo

A day after re-signing Dustin Martin, Richmond has lost free agent forward and midfielder Matthew White, who has told the Tigers that he wants to leave the club.

White, who is an unrestricted free agent, is set to move to Port Adelaide.

White informed the Tigers of his decision Tuesday morning, after the club‘s best and fairest count, won by Daniel Jackson with Martin second. White finished 19th.

White‘s manager Anthony McConville confirmed the 26-year-old‘s move.

Advertisement

"Matthew is an unrestricted free agent and he has advised Richmond that he is going to explore some further opportunities elsewhere. I have had discussions with Port Adelaide and that is his likely destination," McConville said.

"Richmond had indicated Matt was a required player but they understand the free agency situation and the opportunities for Matt to play a role at a club."

Richmond would be likely to get an end of second round draft pick, at best, as compensation for White.

The mechanism for determining the compensation is influenced in part by the age of the player and the size of the contract he accepts at another club. As a contract offer has not yet been put to White - and won't be until the free agency window opens on Friday - it is uncertain how much the compensation would be likely to be.

A quick player with endurance, White has played 16 games this year for a total of 105 and 54 goals in his eight seasons with the Tigers.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/matt-white-to-leave-richmond-20131001-2upny.html#ixzz2gQvwnzlR

BIG

FISH

white bait isn't that big a fish.

more like a sardine 

YO WHAT UP MISTER WHITE

did martin not get on with white ? ;-)

White wash

I can't believe he is that old. Is a nothing player.

I think he is a good young player.....speed speed and more speed aswell.

By young, is that Jarrad Waite young?

By young, is that Jarrad Waite young?

Yep, that's the one.

And the Banditos have heaps of speed, but they are still ■■■■ footballers.

Was really good back when he was hosting Sports Tonight. Really went down hill with the move to Seven and Today Tonight.

Was really good back when he was hosting Sports Tonight. Really went down hill with the move to Seven and Today Tonight.

I thought he was at his best during his V8 Supercars phase.

more like a sardine 

I was thinking more of an anchovy.

Going to Port according to The Age

Most likely means he will end up at Brisbane

give him a 7 year deal

Rubbish. 4th round pick at best.

Sounds racist.