Matthew Egan Sues Geelong doctor

I know were all probably sick of hearing about legal action but its not related to The Sorry Sagaâ„¢

Our gun of a defensive coach Matthew Egan is suing doctors who treated him at Geelong for being negligent about his foot injury which ended his playing career.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/former-afl-player-essendon-assistant-coach-matthew-egan-lodges-lawsuit-over-careerending-injury/story-fni5ezdm-1227037454968

And on top of that, Apparently Crameri is suing Egan for not showing him enough affection.

And on top of that, Apparently Crameri is suing Egan for not showing him enough affection.

Can I ask what this Crameri cuddles thing is about? Late to the party I know...

He must have pretty strong evidence to go through with this.

Hope he doesnt have ongoing problems with this.

We were lucky Hird came back. was a big surprise when Egan retired imagine how good geelong would have been if he had stayed on the park.

any sources?

Hope he doesnt have ongoing problems with this.

We were lucky Hird came back. was a big surprise when Egan retired imagine how good geelong would have been if he had stayed on the park.

Geelong are STILL reaping the rewards of Bombas coaching 4 years after he left. Egan would have prolonged it even further

If I were Geelong, I'd just roll over and take the punishment.
Oh wait...

Should be grateful he wasn't being treated by Dr Suresh Nair.

Can I ask what this Crameri cuddles thing is about? Late to the party I know...

Apparently, Crameri preferred the rough, masculine, stuble-rash cuddles of Brendan Mccarthy, much more than the smooth faced modern metro affection stylings of Egan.
It's just a long way of saying he liked one guy, and didn't get along with the other.
Allegedly.

Interesting time to do it?

According to ASADA, you need no evidence at all to destroy someone's reputation!

Does he want money?

Geelong: take your whack.

Our gun of a defensive coach Matthew Egan is suing

fap fap fap

Why the fark now?

Geelong should just admit they are guilty and take it on the chin

Does he want money?

Yes but not for loss of income but for pain and suffering from the ongoing medical costs.

The civil claim has nothing to do with Geelong. The civil case is against the doctor and orthopedic surgeon who would have appropriate insurance cover to deal with this matters if they are found liable.

The civil claim has nothing to do with Geelong. The civil case is against the doctor and orthopedic surgeon who would have appropriate insurance cover to deal with this matters if they are found liable.

He's suing the then Geelong club doctor for 

[background=#f5f5f5]Egan‘s lawyer Nick Mann said the footballer was not told about the risks of returning to an aggressive rehab program just 11 days after surgery.[/size][/background]

The doctor would be insured separately, but the case is about the club doctor advising (or perhaps not advising) one of the club's players about returning from an injury sustained at the club.

How is that nothing to do with the club?

Might be different if it was about a 'private' medical issue nothing to do with football (ie if he broke it in the off-season) but it's not - surely this is the definition of why the club employs doctors.

And surely club doctors would be aware that their patients often (if not always) need to be restrained from going too hard, post-surgery. Again, part of their job. He should have notes that he cautioned Egan not to do this, or that, due to the risk of further injury.

Interesting case.

He had surgery and rushed into aggressive rehab in the hope of being able to play finals (GF) a few weeks later.

What he wasn't told was that there was no chance of him being ready no matter what he did and that it was usually a 5 month recovery.

If the aggressive rehab is the reason he had to retire early and miss multiple premierships, and the reason he's had ongoing pain and suffering and further surgeries, then it would seem the doctors have a case to answer.

I guess it raises the question, are we rushing Carlisle back to possibly play week 2 of finals? Court cases like this would be making a few team doctors nervous.