Matthew Egan Sues Geelong doctor

Interesting case.

He had surgery and rushed into aggressive rehab in the hope of being able to play finals (GF) a few weeks later.

What he wasn't told was that there was no chance of him being ready no matter what he did and that it was usually a 5 month recovery.

If the aggressive rehab is the reason he had to retire early and miss multiple premierships, and the reason he's had ongoing pain and suffering and further surgeries, then it would seem the doctors have a case to answer.

I guess it raises the question, are we rushing Carlisle back to possibly play week 2 of finals? Court cases like this would be making a few team doctors nervous.

May be a slight difference between a Navicular injuy and a minor hamstring strain... Just sayin'.

Interesting case.

He had surgery and rushed into aggressive rehab in the hope of being able to play finals (GF) a few weeks later.

What he wasn't told was that there was no chance of him being ready no matter what he did and that it was usually a 5 month recovery.

If the aggressive rehab is the reason he had to retire early and miss multiple premierships, and the reason he's had ongoing pain and suffering and further surgeries, then it would seem the doctors have a case to answer.

I guess it raises the question, are we rushing Carlisle back to possibly play week 2 of finals? Court cases like this would be making a few team doctors nervous.

and so it should be, they have a responsibility to the welfare of their patients ahead of any other consideration.  Too many doctors these days are willing to sacrifice their principles for other reasons when they shouldn't, such as Hollywood.

Interesting case.

and so it should be, they have a responsibility to the welfare of their patients ahead of any other consideration.  Too many doctors these days are willing to sacrifice their principles for other reasons when they shouldn't, such as Hollywood.

Has his mum rung Triple M yet?

Looks like serious governance failures at Geelong...   Dr background check?  Blurred reporting lines on player welfare issues?   How does his mother feel about the way they destroyed his career?

And there was vision of him sitting on the bench with The Wep.

Unsure if tears were shed by either one but Robinson had his lachrymose face on.

Egan should also sue Harry Taylor, for having the career Egan was supposed to.

Unsure if tears were shed by either one but Robinson had his lachrymose face on.

Had to google that.  At first I thought it was a throat-mouse....

If he wasnt a essendon bloke, we’d all be saying how pathetic what he is doing is

If he wasnt a essendon bloke, we'd all be saying how pathetic what he is doing is

Would I? Well I'm glad you've cleared that up for me.

If he wasnt a essendon bloke, we'd all be saying how pathetic what he is doing is

Would I? Well I'm glad you've cleared that up for me.

i for one, am disgusted in myself

Really?
Heaps of players have gone down this path. Courtney Johns tried to sue the VFL for having a ground too hard (that one was a bit pathetic, the ground he injured himself on was muddy if anything), Lekkas sued Hawthorn after his brain thing, pretty sure Shaun Rehn sued the AFL for good money after he busted his knee on the sprinkler cover, etc etc- it does happen.
He's probably unlucky in that he only got 2-3 years, so he wouldn't have earnt that much off footy before it was all over, and he's still dealing with this stuff years later.
He's within his rights to launch the case, we'll see what the court thinks.