Matthew pavlich reaches 300

Best AA FB EVA!!!!

In the year he won it for FB, I am not sure he lined up in that position once.

Great effort but I certainly don't rate him as an out and out champion.
Living in Perth I have probably watched a high percentage of his games over the years and it is only in the last few years that he has started to consistently stand up when it counted.
Quite possibly the best Docker ever but (imo) there have been many better players than him during his career.

Like who? I rate him as a better player than reiwoldt and brown fwiw
He has played the last couple of years up forward, but for most of his career he was as good of midfielder as he was forward. Not many players can do that
I dont use the word champion lightly, but in my book he is

Fantastic player, I've always liked watching him play.

He managed to be a great midfielder as well as a brilliant forward and has stood up when his team needed him countless times.

Terrific player and has been the cornerstone of the Dockers team for a long time.

My only ‘criticism’ of him, if you can call it that, is that he wasn’t / isn’t a reliable kick for goal at vital times in a match. I reckon the grand final is a case in point. For that reason I don’t rate him as highly as the likes of Carey and Dermie and a few others.

Terrific player and has been the cornerstone of the Dockers team for a long time.
My only 'criticism' of him, if you can call it that, is that he wasn't / isn't a reliable kick for goal at vital times in a match. I reckon the grand final is a case in point. For that reason I don't rate him as highly as the likes of Carey and Dermie and a few others.

Carey's record in Grand Finals wasn't fantastic either.  Missed quite a few in that first half 6.18 in 1998. Was nowhere near dominant in 1996 or 1999 either.

His record in other finals was exemplary though.

They all missed them that day from 30 meters out and closer. It is their equivalent of our 7.27 in 1948. A premiership thrown away.

Carey was a match winner throughout his career at North. I wouldn’t put Pavlich on the same level as him and a few others.

I’m not sure there are any on the same level as the King.

They all missed them that day from 30 meters out and closer. It is their equivalent of our 7.27 in 1948. A premiership thrown away.
Carey was a match winner throughout his career at North. I wouldn't put Pavlich on the same level as him and a few others.

are you saying freo win as many matches without pavlich as with him over his career? Id say they barely win a match last decade withou pav carying them.

Carey was a match winner throughout his career at North. I wouldn't put Pavlich on the same level as him and a few others.

are you saying freo win as many matches without pavlich as with him over his career? Id say they barely win a match last decade withou pav carying them.
Not saying anything about Freo's winning record with or without him.
I said he was a terrific player but not at the level of some CHFs of recent times.

Wayne Carey was the ultimate as a man able to carry a team on his shoulders as he really did carry Norf to two flags. Pavlich and Reiwoldt would be below him due to the fact that their teams fell at the final hurdle but they are all true champions of the game.

Just to play 300 games makes you a great player. Congrats.

Sadly he plays for freo,which means i dont even know what number he wears. 

Great player and very loyal. Could have cone back to SA when Freo sucked and SA teams were going well, but stayed with Freo.

Fair player as well, doesn't play for free kicks and doesn't snipe.

Great player and very loyal. Could have cone back to SA when Freo sucked and SA teams were going well, but stayed with Freo.
Fair player as well, doesn't play for free kicks and doesn't snipe.

Yep, a lesser man probably would of snapped when Judd elbowed him in the face on purpose

Id like to know how much the blues and crows offered him a few years ago. Hopefully does a biography after footy and we’ll know

Who?

Great effort but I certainly don't rate him as an out and out champion.
Living in Perth I have probably watched a high percentage of his games over the years and it is only in the last few years that he has started to consistently stand up when it counted.
Quite possibly the best Docker ever but (imo) there have been many better players than him during his career.

Like who? I rate him as a better player than reiwoldt and brown fwiw
He has played the last couple of years up forward, but for most of his career he was as good of midfielder as he was forward. Not many players can do that
I dont use the word champion lightly, but in my book he is

How many times did Pavlich single handedly destroy us like Brown and Reiwoldt consistently did. He's not even close to those two (imo).

I'd have Scotty Lucas ahead of Pavlich...might not have played as a midfielder but won a B & F playing at both CHF and CHB.

As I said, he's been good but not one of the best of his era...too many opportunities missed to win games and too many big games where he just didn't stand up.

Champion, but agree Lucas better though. People would disagree, but it’s just because Pav was so good despite being in a ■■■■■ team. He was Freo for a long time. Where as Lucas was surrounded by champs.

Wow. I can't believe there are still flogs who don't rate Pav as one of the all time greats.

He carried this team through a long rough patch. Through a large amount of instability in the coaching ranks he's remained the one constant in his club. While other forwards of the modern era like Lloydy, Jonathan Brown, Goodes etc slowed down noticeably when they got to 30, he's still playing at an elite level. He's dominated individual awards like very few have ever done, in a mostly terrible team over his career.

Oh, and for the ignorant Victorian ■■■■■ who say he would be rated a lot higher if he played in Victoria....get over yourselves, it's a national competition (well, not without at least 1 Tasmanian team it's not), not a Victorian competition.

I repeat....one of the all time greats.

Wow. I can't believe there are still flogs who don't rate Pav as one of the all time greats.

He carried this team through a long rough patch. Through a large amount of instability in the coaching ranks he's remained the one constant in his club. While other forwards of the modern era like Lloydy, Jonathan Brown, Goodes etc slowed down noticeably when they got to 30, he's still playing at an elite level. He's dominated individual awards like very few have ever done, in a mostly terrible team over his career.

Oh, and for the ignorant Victorian ***** who say he would be rated a lot higher if he played in Victoria....get over yourselves, it's a national competition (well, not without at least 1 Tasmanian team it's not), not a Victorian competition.

People who disagree with you are not automatically flogs...you're point of view might carry more weight if you remember that.

And I daresay I have seen a shitload more of his games than you have so I feel quite confident in my assessment.

But you are obviously entitled to your point of view and I respect that...I just happen to disagree with you.

Oh, and for the ignorant Victorian ***** who say he would be rated a lot higher if he played in Victoria....get over yourselves, it's a national competition (well, not without at least 1 Tasmanian team it's not), not a Victorian competition.

People who disagree with you are not automatically flogs...you're point of view might carry more weight if you remember that.

And I daresay I have seen a shitload more of his games than you have so I feel quite confident in my assessment.

But you are obviously entitled to your point of view and I respect that...I just happen to disagree with you.

Oh no we gotta expert here.