Mature aged recruits hidden gem longshots

1. Clug
  2. Simpkin/Slider
  3. Ryan
  4. Rioli/Long
  5. Heppel
  6. Ruckman like Cameron
1. Clug 20. Simpkin/Slider 29. Ryan 40. Rioli/Long 58. Heppel 76. Ruckman like Cameron

That overall would be excellent

1. Clug 20. Simpkin/Slider 29. Ryan 40. Rioli/Long 58. Heppel 76. Ruckman like Cameron

Agree totally with the first few being an ideal scenario for us. A youngish mature age ruckman would be a smart acquisition as well with a later pick.

I do however think there is a chance with regards to A Hepp that we are all getting a bit wrapped up in just how:

1. Good an AFL prospect he is in comparison to what else is out there across all other VFL teams and the other state leagues across the country. As fans we obviously have more of a sentimental attachment to him but Iā€™m sure Merv and co will look at it without the emotion and pick the best prospect, especially in the National Draft which leads to my second point.

2. Early we would need to take him. Iā€™m fairly certain he will be around come the rookie draft for us to take if we so choose. Egan at Melbourne and all.

1. Clug 20. Simpkin/Slider 29. Ryan 40. Rioli/Long 58. Ruckman like Cameron

Rookie Draft

1. Heppel
  2. Frank
  3. McNeice/Holmes

Agree totally with the first few being an ideal scenario for us. A youngish mature age ruckman would be a smart acquisition as well with a later pick.

I do however think there is a chance with regards to A Hepp that we are all getting a bit wrapped up in just how:

1. Good an AFL prospect he is in comparison to what else is out there across all other VFL teams and the other state leagues across the country. As fans we obviously have more of a sentimental attachment to him but Iā€™m sure Merv and co will look at it without the emotion and pick the best prospect, especially in the National Draft which leads to my second point.

2. Early we would need to take him. Iā€™m fairly certain he will be around come the rookie draft for us to take if we so choose. Egan at Melbourne and all.

If thatā€™s the case would go

Imagine if we pulled that off but most likely we will have a WTF Morgan? Eades selection

Any comments about where Gach fits in???

Any comments about where Gach fits in????

In the he is light years away department.

If we are genuinely committed to him we need to stay the course and he will remain on the rookie list for 3 years and then a decision has to be made what you do from there.

He needs physical development in the gym and he also needs to accrue better game sense and ruck craft via good development coaching.

Wait up, you mean to tell me, that despite the essendon VFLs team of champions that blew the football world away with a mid-range finish in one of many sub-elite competitions, that there may be footballers equally as talented, or more, playing somewhere else?
You need to stop drinking the crazy tea.

We want them all ā€” and we want them now.

I watched this kid towel up Clug this year. Apparently Sydney very keen. If swans are sniffing you know he has talent.

GEELONG Falcons talent manager Michael Turner has urged clubs to consider the shutdown powers of forgotten midfielder Max Augerinos.

Augerinos, 19, is seen only as an outside rookie chance but has kept himself in the frame after posting strong speed and agility results at the ā€œRookie Meā€ Combine on Saturday.

Described as a ā€œhard-edged tough nutā€ by AFL talent guru Kevin Sheehan, Augerinos was a midfield linchpin of a Falcons side that surged to a preliminary final this year.

But he also proved himself as a capable run-with player after a couple of scalps in the back-end of the season, notably the job he did to rein in potential No. 1 draft pick Hugh McCluggage in the qualifying final.

Clubs may also look favourably on the fact he played senior football this year for St Maryā€™s in the GFL.

TAC Cup: Geelong Falcons coach Danny Oā€™Keefe to lead his own way, at 27

ā€œIf Iā€™m going to make an comparison, Max is similar to Luke Dahlhaus in that there wasnā€™t (much interest in the lead-up to the draft),ā€ Turner said.

ā€œBut the Bulldogs took a punt on him and heā€™s become a premiership player and almost All-Australian.

ā€œIā€™m not saying Max is going to become that, but heā€™s a good kid, heā€™s got a terrific attitude, he works hard, heā€™s been able to fix up elite opposition midfielders and he gets the ball.

ā€œHe makes good decisions with it, heā€™s quick, he kicks the ball long. Iā€™m a big wrap for him.ā€

Rookie Me is the official talent ID partner of the AFL, providing fringe draft hopefuls with another chance to be formally tested and compared against players at the national and state draft combines.

Augerinos made headlines last year after returning from a knee reconstruction in little more than eight months, but the injury meant he was behind the eight-ball in terms of last yearā€™s draft, which he was eligible for.

His recent head-to-head battle with McCluggage came at an ideal time, with many recruiters likely to been studying McCluggage closely in that final, forcing them to also take notice of Augerinos.

ā€¦

But he also proved himself as a capable run-with player after a couple of scalps in the back-end of the season, notably the job he did to rein in potential No. 1 draft pick Hugh McCluggage in the qualifying final.

Soā€¦ Hugh being reined in by a overage designated tagger resulted in Hugh getting 20 disposals, 2 goals and laying 7 tackles.

ā€¦

by BEN WATERWORTH AND RILEY BEVERIDGESource: FOX SPORTS

McCluggage felt the brunt of that during his sideā€™s qualifying final loss to the Geelong Falcons on Saturday, with the classy on-baller copping a hard tag, particularly at stoppages, from Falcon Max Augerinos.

But it definitely wasnā€™t a purely defence-focused tag from Augerinos, who also ran off McCluggage to have a major offensive impact with two goals from 22 disposals at 82 per cent efficiency and six clearances.

While McCluggage was still among North Ballaratā€™s best players ā€” he booted two goals from 20 disposals and eight inside 50s ā€” Augerinos won the battle, by McCluggageā€™s own admission.

:wink:

I hear matt DEA and James Kelly go OK

I hear matt DEA and James Kelly go OK

Why would we look at picking up a couple of blokes that were delisted from the wooden spooners!!!

Dean Towers re-signed for 2 years today.
Heā€™s probably like ā€˜cheers Xavierā€¦ ya dikhead!ā€™

We could pick up some players for cheap.
Templeton and Brooksby can be valuable

We could pick up some players for cheap. Templeton and Brooksby can be valuable

There is something about Templeton that I think he can make it. Brooksby is rubbish though

ā€¦

Soā€¦ Hugh being reined in by a overage designated tagger resulted in Hugh getting 20 disposals, 2 goals and laying 7 tackles.

Hey, donā€™t let facts get in the way manufactured hype.

ā€¦

Overage by one year - good luck next year if Mc C canā€™t handle a 19 year old!!!

ā€¦

Overage by one year - good luck next year if Mc C canā€™t handle a 19 year old!!!

Not sure heā€™ll be getting the hard tag in his first year. If he is weā€™ll be pretty happy

20 dp 2 goals is still good