Mature aged recruits hidden gem longshots

Want Ryan so bad

Was the 20m sprint actually 25m at the state combine?

Well ■■■■

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-13/ryans-rise-from-marby-park-to-matureaged-draft-bolter

Well ■■■■

What about it?
I told you we cut him from our VFL squad in pre-season so that shouldn’t be news to you.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-13/ryans-rise-from-marby-park-to-matureaged-draft-bolter

Well ■■■■

What about it?
I told you we cut him from our VFL squad in pre-season so that shouldn’t be news to you.

The chance he would be gone by 30 i was hoping we could snare a slider at 20 and get him at 30 or potentially latter now there is talk that he could go top 18

I lost all respect for that article after it lumped TIPPA into “a few more were rookie-listed a few days later”.

Well ■■■■

What about it?

The chance he would be gone by 30 i was hoping we could snare a slider at 20 and get him at 30 or potentially latter now there is talk that he could go top 18

Ryan slid to 66. He was there for the taking as a Bags replacement. Or is McGrath the Bags replacement ?

Of interest was Geelongs strategy to list 3 players from its VFL side. 40 Tom Stewart 68 Tim House, 69 Ryan Abbot
Obviously they feel the need to bring in ready made players and stuff the “player development” process. They really believe they are in the window

Well ■■■■

What about it?

Ryan slid to 66. He was there for the taking as a Bags replacement. Or is McGrath the Bags replacement ?

Of interest was Geelongs strategy to list 3 players from its VFL side. 40 Tom Stewart 68 Tim House, 69 Ryan Abbot
Obviously they feel the need to bring in ready made players and stuff the “player development” process. They really believe they are in the window

Apparently had a few off field issues that’s why Essendon booted him from the VFL squad

Well ■■■■

What about it?

Geelong are super overrated. I don’t think they’ve got flag hopes in 2017

Well ■■■■

What about it?

Geelong are super overrated. I don’t think they’ve got flag hopes in 2017

They think they do though, which is good news, because it will just make their eventual decline even bigger and longer.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they miss the 8 in 2017. One injury to Danger or Selwood and they’re toast.

Alright bump time.

SFFC beat EFFC today by 150 points. Tim Kelly had 35 touches and 7 goals.

His kicking, the biggest knock on him, has more than improved and won’t hold him back anymore. He also has express breakaway pace and indigenous blood gives rise to that little bit of silk/something.

He’s hardly a hidden gem and he’ll probably get drafted but fk he would add a bit to our midfield.

GET HIM.

1 Like

@benfti

Jonty Scharenberg?

Ah, so that’s how we get Kelly. It’s all coming together now.

2 Likes

Mojo? Voodoo? Mamba?

Who is he? And who are SFFC and EFFC?

South Fremantle FC and East Fremantle FC?

1 Like

Yep.

Silky fast midfielder with breakaway pace who had hit or miss disposal which has held him back a bit but is now more than good enough in that area.

Really at the Menegola stage where he’s just too good to go undrafted. Question is will someone bite early in the rookie draft or at pick 80/70/60/50. If he’s around in the 50s or 60s I’d go there EASY, notwithstanding I don’t have any idea about the profile of this draft vis-a-vis our needs

1 Like

So went and looked up a bit of info.

DOB: 26th July 1994 (i.e. 22, turning 23 in July)
Debut: 2013
Height: 183
Weight: 83

Played 10 senior games this year, averaging 17.8 kicks, 11.7 handballs, 5 marks, 1.4 goals and 2.7 tackles a game. WAFL doesn’t have anything on efficiency, contested or metres gained (LOL), so I’ll defer to Dell on those points. Those are decent statistics without being breath taking, but if his possessions have impact either due to him breaking lines or disposal (or both), then that could be an enticing package.

Not too young, but our list wouldn’t have an issue with that if we’re retiring/delisting 8-10 this year.

I’ll put my hand up and say I haven’t watched him a hell of a lot - but I’ve liked him every game I’ve seen. And those that I speak to who watch him week in week out are saying what I’ve said above.

22/23 is a non issue re: age IMO. Most players are incubated or playing state league for 2/3 yrs before they get a look in anyway. LAV is 21 and likely won’t see solid AFL time until next year when he’s 22 (yes I know I’m plucking one there).

EDIT: Also I would contend an average of 30 touches p/game is pretty fkn good especially if the player is positively not a vanilla tractor handball accumulator like a NOB/Lee/Lonergan/Bird/Howlett etc. etc. etc.

2 Likes