Mature aged recruits hidden gem longshots

Dunno about that.
He’s already been in the AFL system after being drafted as a mature age.
Reminds me a lot of Lukas Markovic; great leader and defensive player at the second best level but struggles with the extra height and/or agility of AFL forwards and doesn’t do enough in other areas like a Cale Hooke/Rutten type to make up for it.

1 Like

Find me a Tim Kelly

5 Likes

He’ll want to have improved drastically as he’s been on an AFL list the last 2 seasons and was delisted after each one. Kicking goals was never an issue.

1 Like

At Ashton Hams’ testimonial dinner last night they asked him who the best player he’s played with was.

He’s played with Tim Kelly, Haiden Schloithe and a host of other AFL players. Mason Shaw/Dylan Main at the moment, also won a flag with Cory Dell/Sam Hunt/Callum Wilson/Peter Bell/Jeff Farmer (albeit in the twilight of their careers) as well as a lot of others (look up the 2005 and 2009 WAFL flag sides).

He said Marlion Pickett. The guy (Marlion) is a gun and we should pick him up as well as Schloithe. Would both have a Tim Kelly-like impact on our 22 immediately. We all think Guelfi was a good get - Pickett makes him look positively B grade.

Got into some trouble a long time ago (was dealt with a few year ago but the sin committed much earlier than that). Straightened up and would be no trouble. Ping @benfti.

10 Likes

Oh yeah, legit Jet, but he is every type we tend to overlook unfortunately

1 Like

@anon71769209

how old is he and why have other clubs also overlooked him so far?

26 and was in jail as a 21 y/old which would no doubt put clubs off.

What type of player is he?

The Shane Yarran tragedy won’t help Marlion either, unfortunately

https://www.pressreader.com/australia/the-west-australian/20180507/282346860438218

That is a terrible site on mobile

Haiden Schloithe should be given a crack and so should Pickett would love them to be given a chance at Essendon.

2 Likes

Not sold on Pickett. Name comes some bad juju.

Toby Pink
Cameron Hewett
Angus Styles
They’re all players. Hewett would be a good get, Pink would be excellent

Schloithe yeah but where is Mynott and Houlahans development?

Pickett not even invited to the State combine. An absolute joke but presumably means that he wasn’t “tagged” by > 2 clubs (is that the rule? @humble_minion ?). If so, presents an opportunity to pick up a steal with our last rookie pick.

Matthew Parker was nominated though. Trained with us last season - Woosha got him over through his history at South Fremantle. Would be a good get.

There’s a FoxSports article that refers to him as “phenomenal”. If his middle name starts with a J, I’m sold on this.

1 Like

Is that One Direction we don’t want to go? Is there an Angus in that band, or am i just thinking of AC/DC?

One direction is Harry

AJ is a wrestler

I don’t know why I know this.

1 Like