Mature aged recruits hidden gem longshots

Lentini?

You really think theyā€™re going to use pick #12 on Pickett?

From what I understand the Suns and Carlton might get 2 extra picks outside of the draft that can be used for mature agers only.
Not sure if it will be via a Pre season draft or what but I do know that some SANFL players have been approached already

Hmm, sounds like the AFL may be pinching my idea for the bottom sides to have extra list spots. Hopefully they come at the end of the draft, so if we want someone they are still there.

Nah Afl making up rules to suit them.

Idea being blues /suns can get first dibs at a Tim kelly type before the ND.

Help them out in short term and they canā€™t use PP on kids that will take a while to deliver.

Players this could have been used on

• Sam Mitchell
  • Hibberd
  • BAguley
  • tim kelly
  • Matt guelfi
  • Hartley/Brown second time
  • Podsiadly
  • Harry Taylor

Etc
Only need to have previously nominated for draft and missed out I think.

Top ups?

ā– ā– ā– ā–  i hate the afl. And carlton. The suns are so irrelevant i donā€™t think anybody hates them

1 Like

What are the prospects of Luenberger retirement/delisting, with Draper stepping up to no. 2 ruckman, and rookying Sibbold as a 3rd young development ruckman (with McKernan the floater as in 2018).

I think Plan A would be to go Leuy, but that is obviously dependent on how we rate his body, and his willingness to continue being depth to Belly and a trainer to Draper.

IMO Plan B would be to just go with Draper as the main depth, with McKernan option 3 in case of two injuries. But if McKernan leaves we definitely need another mature ruck. If he doesnā€™t, I think we can risk it. Draper is pretty reliable injury-wise and playing good football.

Under plan B do we add another youngster for development? Ideally a forward/ruckā€¦ or do we give it another year to decide if that is NewLAVā€™s gig (I think some are suggesting heā€™s more likely to be a defender arenā€™t they?)

I can only assume youā€™ve never seen Sibbald in real life. Heā€™s about 83% neck.

The one I wouldnā€™t mind us having a look at is Angus Milham, who was on our VFL list a few years back. 210cm or something and had a few absolute standout games mid year.

Iā€™d look at drafting Corey Gault as a ruck/fwd if McKernan decided to leave.

Didnā€™t stop us taking Langford, McKernan and Zerk

1 Like

McNernan is the only one close. Hang him from a tree by his ears and youā€™d have Sibbald.
Deeeefinitely not an AFL ruck prospect, heā€™s listed at 90kg but that looks hopeful to me.

I like Sibbald. Heā€™s a bit light, but he can certainly play. Very mobile for his size, good mark, good kick, very good below his knees.

5 Likes

Also watching watching the wafl finals on the 7app Marlion Pickett was absolutely dominant against WP. Was clearly a class above the rest.

1 Like

Maybe.

Not as a ruckman for mine.

No. Relief if needed but thatā€™s all. At least at present. But give him 10kg and a couple of seasons out of the ammos, and that may change.

Has Christian Bock put any size on yet?

1 Like

GTFO

Milham was very good at being tall, and very bad at pretty much everything else.

He had some standout games but they werenā€™t good onesā€¦ there are some LOLs if you search on his name on this siteā€¦