Mature aged recruits hidden gem longshots

i’d be for giving him a shot, we lack small forward depth.

1 Like

a poor mans raz is still a very good player.

a poor man’s poor man’s raz otoh…

Would kill Raz over 20, 50 or 100m pacewise.
Raz has him easily covered as a footballer though. Wilson isn’t a small forward he is more of a pacy winger, high HF.
I’m not saying he would be in our best side but he is worth a rookie pick somewhere surely.
Guys like “Rabbs” Wilson is why I love going to the football. Genuine excitement machine who take on the game and do the freakish stuff. He had fans of both sides in awe at times today

5 Likes

Jobe? Who is this Jobe? My name is Guy Incognito!!

3 Likes

Wilson was one of @benfti s choices about 3 or 4 years ago I think.

2 Likes

So Wilson would be competing with Hind to get a place on an AFL list next year? I don’t know if you’ve watched any of our VFL, but if you could choose one for us with a late pick who would you go for, or neither?

Any updates on how Parker and Pickett from the WAFL? I liked the sound of both of them. Any talk of them being taken, and if so how early?

Pickett has been mentioned around here a few times, with people saying h is a very food chance to be picked up, no idea on which round.

Suns very keen on Pickett allegedly.

2 Likes

I think Wilson has Hind covered in pace but Hind probably is more of a complete footballer. Wilson has the edge in goal kicking IMO. I don’t think we will take either but if I had to choose one I’d choose Himd because he is a bit more consistent. I would love to see a guy like Wilson on a rookie list somewhere though

2 Likes

A few highlights from yesterday

4 Likes

We should get him onto our list. ASAP.

Fair snag that fourth goal from Wilson.

Parker had a disappointing finals series.

Picketts finals series just guaranteed him a spot on an AFL list. He would have averaged 2goals and 25 possession

1 Like

Thanks!

Pickett sounds like a good match for us, I wonder if we’d use our second rounder on him? In a “super!” draft he might slip and be available later. But a bit of a problem not having a third round pick.

Do you think Parker would still be worthy of a 4th round pick? Or would you say he needs another good/better year before being drafted?

1 Like

Parker will go late/rookie or not at all

Pickett will be stolen by the Suns or Carlton thanks to the AFL due to the sympathy picks

Exactly the kind of player we should be chasing now green is gone. Having that kind of pace and talent in the forward half is what makes a dangerous forward line.

Except Aceman just said he’s more of a winger than a forward.

1 Like

He said winger - high HF, which would be fine in our forward line. Probably means he can go into the middle for short stints too.

Moreso that’s how we use him in our system. We love kicking it goal side of him and his opponent and let him run on to it. They also like him getting the ball up the ground and breaking lines with a couple of bounces. He rarely stays inside our F50 for too long