Mature aged recruits hidden gem longshots

If Zac Clarke has gotten over his injury problems, he’d be a very handy backup ruckman. Could give us a different dynamic should Bellchambers be injured.

Unfortunately I doubt he can be the second ruck who mainly plays forward. He struggled in this role at Freo.

Probably not for us, but I wouldn’t be annoyed if we gave him a rookie spot.
Think Richmond will go for him though.

Bring him in!!!

You would think one of the teams desperate for a ruck will trade wit Carlton and get him before the draft.

In regards to Mitch from what he was saying on Sunday back at the club it seems as though Carlton and Gold Coast have shown some interest in him (both clubs knew of the AFL handouts and have been chatting to state league players for awhile) He reckons he has had more interest from a couple of other clubs for a late pick. When I asked him about us he wouldn’t say but said that at that stage there were 2 other Melbourne clubs enquiring. I’d say his value might have gone up since
Here is his GF highlights for those that haven’t seen.

4 Likes

Oh my, those passes into f50 made me weak at the knees

1 Like

There are highlights and there are HIGHLIGHTS. He can find the goals!! And hit up a teammate on the chest.

He’ll turn 26 in Jan 2019. Looks like Begley and is what you’d want Begley’s highlights package to look like.

4 Likes

I don’t think anyone is looking at him as their first ruck. Maybe Geelong.
I’m not sure Carlton would bother unless they get a 4th round pick.
I only see Zac being taken in the rookie draft.

The combination of a strong body and low and flat kick. The kicks don’t seem to spin perfectly but they definitely get to the target hard and fast which is something our midfield needs.

Grigg is only 182cm but looks taller, he is fridge-like though. Looks to be carrying a few extra kilos, although it could just be that his jumper hasn’t been tailored like some

He is carrying a couple of kilos more than he would like but he is strongly built. Is a landscaper by trade so does plenty of manual work during the day and has good core strength

2 Likes

You can definitely see the core strength, he also has more than enough power and he’d only get better in a professional environment.

Want.

1 Like

Far out, it feels like only yesterday we were discussing how a 17yo Mitch Grigg would be a good get. Where did that decade go?

4 Likes

My understanding is he’s been exceptional in the WAFL this year, so teams with a ruck deficiency (GWS, WCE, Geelong) may very well consider him for a late second or a third round pick.

He is a total boofhead

I’d be astonished if Grigg wasn’t on an AFL list next year. That’s some highlights reel… and in GF too.

Will Hayes just won the bulldogs VFL Best & Fairest. Has put together a couple years of solid footy now, must be due for an opportunity.

1 Like

Looks like Suns will be signing Corbett:

Suns set to nab VFL star under new rule

1 Like

Suns set to nab another mature aged player:

Suns set to sign second state league bargain

On the upside, Pickett, Wilson and Parker are all still available. Those are the three I’d like to get.

I wonder if Blues would trade their two selections for pick #32?

2 Likes