Mature aged recruits hidden gem longshots

Freo at 31 would be a threat. 20’s are about as early as mature agers get taken. I reckon he’ll get picked up in the 40’s or later.

The variable you want to measure is speed. The predictor you want is “different footballers”. To be able to make an assessment of the way different footballers vary on speed you control for the effect of other variables.

2 Likes

…and what surface do footballers play on?
Bitumen? rebound ace? Clay?
I know when we played FCFC it was close to a swimming pool.
Maybe in NBL they’ll test player skills of dribbling on grass. In our game if you want to test players on a surface you use grass! Not ice, not jumping castles, not foam pits.
It’s a waste of time. I’m out for a bit. That’s all folks!

Thank ■■■■ for that, if you’re going to bang on about such pointless ■■■■

5 Likes

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill

Any love for Reuben William? Former Brisbane QLD academy dude, played a couple up there without them really having any idea what to do with him, cut last year and played this year for Footscray VFL, eventually settling frward which is where I’d use him.
189cm, serious pace, loves a tackle, 5.2 per game.

About 20-21 I think.

For our VFL team? No I don’t think he’s good enough to make that side. Plays lost… Runs very quickly around in circles.

Harry Reynolds
Jack Mayo
Michael Mummery
Adam Tipungwuti
Brady Grey
Toby Pink
Matthew Hayball
Draft any of these guys that wanna play for us.

Ethan Penrith? Small defender/forward, PACE & a tackling machine. A few I know at TAC level say he’s got a lot of potential and in a professional environment he’s a chance to make it.

1 Like

Really nice kid too. I’ve not seen much of him at all but I suspect the reasons he has been overlooked at disposal under pressure and not the cleanest hands at times. Carlton have first dibs on him as he is part of their NGA

1 Like

Brady Grey, Toby Pink and Matthew Hayball… FMD! Why?

We are only talking 2 spots.
They’re an upgrade on Long and Mcneice.
They will use their 2nd chance wisely.
Or do you have a FMD why not?

Happy with mature agers/delisted types but the guys mentioned certainly wouldn’t be it. Pink is a step down from Stewart when he isn’t contesting for the footy, Hayball unfulfilled speculation, Grey just can’t kick. Anybody love for Sheridan, Tom Bell, and Gregson?

I think Bell and Gregson have had long enough to show more than they have.
Sheridan is the one with a high enough current base and potential to improve.

2 Likes

Keen to understand why Sheridan was delisted. Lack of hardness/inside ability I suspect. Looks a beautiful mover though and maybe it’s just getting him into the right environment.

1 Like

Mav Weller anyone?

Rookie list Brendan Goddard

5 Likes

Not when we have bags still

nah

Can we claim he is now a pro-golfer and get the incentives of recruiting players from outside the AFL system?

3 Likes