Mature aged recruits hidden gem longshots

Is he no longer at the kennel?

If not, then you’re right, he’d be the perfect option

Id at least be wanting the club to have a chat to Menzel, almost as some VFL back-up for Fantasia when he gets injured (as he seems to be that type of player). Menzel wouldn’t be in a position to be asking for anything other than pocket money, and he may have 3 seasons left in him. Then again we do have Lav and Begley as options too. Wouldn’t hurt to at least ask the question. Put him on a 1 year deal - does nothing next year then delist. THe only reason Im suggesting this I just don’t think we have a heap of senior listed small forward options knocking down the door from the VFL - please correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

Fark no.

4 Likes

Nothing like a welm argued response

Geelong have no forwardline and even they don’t won’t him

It’s a firm no from me

1 Like

From memory they had him on the trade table a couple of seasons back also.

He kicks goals but clearly he’s not playing to team instructions.

No from me also!

1 Like

Any of the WAFL watchers know how Clarke went this year? I always thought he was a decent ruckman but was never going to get 1st gig over Sandi. If we’re looking for some insurance he might be worth a shot. Should still have 2-3 years in him. I just don’t like the idea of starting the season that weak in the ruck dept & even having a mature body to help Drapper continue to develop in the VFL would be ideal.

2 Likes

Really? No way.
He’s not similar to Fantasia in any way.

And other than the fact he’s not a tall, he doesn’t play like a small forward at all. One of the most important tasks of a small forward is to apply pressure to stop the opposition getting the ball out of our forward 50.
Hooker is better at this as a forward than Menzel is.

Menzel looks really inviting. He averages 2 goals a game which is elite for a small forward. The problems is that Geelong more than possibly any other team need another forward option but they don’t want him. That speaks volumes.

1 Like

Crazy that a guy who came back from 4 knee recos is lazy infield but apparently it happened!

Not that I really am interested in mature players, but anyone got the word on Jye Bolton. 2 of the last 3 sandovers must mean something

By all reports he has gotten over his injuries this year and out in a dominant season as the ruckman for one of the more dominant teams in recent history. Constantly had 50+ hit outs, kicked goals and got his hands on the pill.

His last 5 games

50 ho, 17 dis, 1 goal, 7 tackles

53, 10, 2 goals, 8 tackles

50, 10, 2 goals

32, 29, 4 goals

57, 16, 1 goal.

Edit. The top two games where he high tackle numbers were the prelim and Granny

5 Likes

WSPHU

Much has been mentioned regarding the likes of Pickett & Schloithe from WA, Grigg from SA etc, but is Aaron Black from West Perth worth a look? Impressive stats and seems a real workhorse, tackles a lot, wins the ball, takes marks. Any WA footy watchers here wanna give an opinion? Must be able to play, has won WP best & fairest the past three seasons including a Sandover Medal.

That isn’t the ex-AFL medium forward then?

Can anyone describe Corey Rich for me?

I tried to catch him on TV in the second half of the season, but Frankston were seemingly never on when I was watching…

I prefer EFC to stay Menzeless. He won’t provide enough, and he doesn’t fit the need for younger players. We have enough players on our list right now that could possible play his role. They lack experience at this stage, but bringing him in, would mean that he would possibly take one of the roles we need them to fill.

Bags provides better pressure in the F50.

We don’t need Daniel Measles.

1 Like

We’re into Ricky Mott big time.

2 Likes

No. He’s a midfielder from West Perth and has been going very well for at least the last 3-4 seasons including winning the league b & f. Clearly there must be a significant knock on him to have not got his chance by now, unfortunately I’ve never seen him play. Without seeing him play, but looking over his stats and b & f results, the knock must be either disposal or speed I’m assuming.

I don’t know who a good ruckman is.
I’m going to put my faith in Dodoro because he knows the game and gets paid. I just hope he selects the right players that fit well for our club.
:wink: :wink: