Mature aged recruits hidden gem longshots

He was still on Geelong’s list this season. I think he might been delisted now though

1 Like

We already have 4 guys to play that third tall forward role.

Don’t need Black, don’t need Menzel. Last type of player we need IMO.
Wait - is this not the ex-North guy??

Would be interesting to hear a comparison to Bolton, who at 187cm would suit the size need a bit better. Averaging 30ppg for 3 years in the WAFL + 2 Sandovers and 2 club b&fs. 1 year on Collingwood’s rookie list 8 years ago. Now 26, so pretty similar age to Black.

1 Like

No he’s Aaron Sweet who’s changed his name to hide from @Stallion *

'* may not be true

2 Likes

Looking at that, I’d rather take Neagle.

3 Likes

Here’s the WAFL GF if you’re interested. I only watched a couple of minutes, but I’m imagining the knock on Black is his size.

Oh yeah and Zac Clarke looks the same as he always did.

Wrong guy HAP. This bloke has been playing WAFL the last 4 years.

Wrong guy.

Just clicked back to the Neagle highlights. Fair to say that the standard is a lot lower than the WAFL.

Not saying it means anything to their draftability, just an observation

1 Like

You’d be surprised mate. Senior ovens & Murray league footy is of exceptional standard. Fevola played at Yarrawonga post AFL & said to people up there that the standard was only a little below VFL at the top end. Neagle is a talent and worth at least a rookie spot IMO.

3 Likes

And yet Fev was a giant marshmallow at the time kicking big bags.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I know it’s a good standard, and I was watching the WAFL GF on a fast deck. Just the speed of the game was noticeably different. No doubt Neagle is a talent, and given my first jumper had 34 on it I clearly would love one of Merv’s sons to make it. Just think it will take time for him to develop

4 Likes

I’d say that’s probably true for KPPs, but midfielders in the lower leagues don’t tend to have the elite endurance, power and speed that has become a factor in the AFL in recent years, so it can be a bigger step up.

1 Like

Oh yep. I was just pointing out it couldn’t have been the guy you were referring to

Mature age backup ruck you say…

3 Likes

IN: JAMAR

I guess they all just look the same to me.

(Yikes).

Maybe 30 years ago. Worth pointing out Fev kicked just under 6 goals a game on average, and his output actually dropped when he came back to Melbourne to play WRFL. And WRFL is a 2nd tier suburban comp, wouldn’t match up to EFL or EDFL 1, let alone VAFA prem. Those leagues are studded with ex AFL players.

Also… any statement that begins with “brendan fevola said…”

2 Likes

Goaner Tutlan or Gach Nuyen (however you spell it) should be ready now.