Mature aged recruits hidden gem longshots

He is super quick.

Just tested at State Combine and recorded 2.88 over 20m.

1 Like

Over 5 tackles a game this year, 1.6 goals, 16.8 touches in the VFL. Playing mostly as a HFF/small forward. Has previously won 2 U18 and 2 VFL B&Fs playing as a mid.

Compares well to to J Greenā€™s 3 tackles, 1.6 goals, 15 touches in VFL.

Not sure what this depth is for small forwards.
Green gone, Jerrett gone. Itā€™s Bags and no-one, and Bags is the wrong side of 30.

6 Likes

Huh. Well there you go.

Pick 66. Without blinking.

2 Likes

Oh and I love when 23 year olds have peaked.
Like tippa, like dev smith, like Stringer, McNernan, Brown, Bellchoc Saad, and on and on and on.
Idiocy.
That mindset is how Carlton are developing their list. And look how well itā€™s working out for them.

My mistake - didnā€™t go far enough back up the thread - thought the conversation was about Hind so thatā€™s who I was referring ro

1 Like

I love Hind but whose spot does he take? He is better off at another club for game time.

1 Like

Hind is an upgrade on Long and Jerrett. But he wouldnā€™t be best 22 for mine, but handy depth. Iā€™m kind of mixed on him as I think heā€™d get game time at other clubs, so not sure I want us to draft him.

I think we definitely would suit someone who can play small forward and immediately play (not necessarily as best 22, but if an injury occurred). So a Parker, Wilson, Cavarra would be ideal in my mind. Someone who is immediately filling Greenā€™s hole in the list.

3 Likes

Can Hind play the small forward roll or is he more suited to the midfield?

Trading places with Orazio youā€™d think. DELICIOOOUUUSSSSSS!!

Iā€™d be surprised if Hind isnā€™t on an AFL list next year.
Highly doubt it will be ours though.

1 Like

Half back.

Jye Bolton is not quite good enough for the AFL and wonā€™t get materially better

1 Like

Matthew Parker

Height: 187cm
Weight: 79kg
DOB: 25/1/96
Club: South Fremantle

The 22-year-old is an exciting medium-sized forward with a thrilling highlights package. Parker has AFL qualities with his speed and ability to conjure a goal, booting 27 majors from 20 League games in 2018. Parker counts Pickett and Geelongā€™s Tim Kelly, a former teammate at South Fremantle, as strong influences in turning his career around after he was playing amateur football less than two years ago. The Swans and Essendon are two clubs who are understood to have shown interest.

8 Likes

With Swans going Menzel perhaps we are the only potential suitors. Looks to go alright, perfect age

2 Likes

I hope we exclusively draft small forwards now that we have Clarke as a backup.

Anyone we like from SA. Dodoro was on my flight to Adelaide this morning.

Rankine.

All the jackets.

Will be ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  when he gets taken a mere 31 picks before we enter the draft.

9 Likes

Could Nauru be an untapped possibility?

1 Like

Just what we needā€¦ Another medium forward.