McDonalds Suggestions for McDav - and worker body-slams customer

The yummy veggie bake pasta I have can’t possibly be healthy.

It’s a treat. A yummy treat. Enjoy it for what it is.

Why would they make a Veggie burger and not make it Vegan? Surely they are doing themselves out of a big chunk of potential business.

1 Like

Probs don’t want vegans in their restaurants

4 Likes

Food snobs never admit to a Mac attack. Vegans are at the ultra end of food snobs.

1 Like

So how is everything all fresh now, Dav? There was a bombardment of ads over the weekend. Everything looks kinda the same though…

Have they ever had a Parma burger?

I’d be hanging out at Bell st maccas 24/7 if they brought one out.

2 Likes

A lot of tweaks here and there that we (honestly, me) have been working on over the last 18 months. Was a global project that changed bun formulation (look, feel, how it holds temp), how we cook our beef (sear time, pressure on grill etc), how we replenish vs holding, and then how we cycle through condiments. We temper cheese again, so it actually melts (who thought cold cheese on a hot burger is a good idea?).

Anyway, we rolled it out to restaurants over the past 4 months, and now we are talking about it, hence the media hit. Will continue this hit for a solid number of weeks.

We do free Qtr pnd via the app tomorrow - the QP is the biggest improvement of all products - it’s amazing. QP gets hero treatment soon.

Oh, and does anyone want El Maco back?

EDIT: The idea is to give customers the burger they get 1 time out of 10 and say “■■■■ that was pretty good” 9 or 10 times out of 10.

4 Likes

Years ago. Was ■■■■.

1 Like

Just weren’t ready for it I guess…

Outside of chicken places/pubs, schnitty is ■■■■■■■ hard to do right.

yes to El Maco.

2 Likes

Have to admit, the ads made me want to try a Big mac for the first time in…ever.
Toasted rolls, eh?

And a big yes to El Maco, but go easy on the sauce.
Some of the special burgers turn to mush before you’re half way through.

Some people might like that, I guess.

Is El Maco chicken or beef?

We’ve always toasted buns, they just stay hotter and we toast them better now (like we really used to toast them, years ago).

El Maco is chicken and beef. Likely an additional variant of it too, but can’t talk about that :slight_smile: (no not fish)

Sauce mix is pretty good - challenge will be around the sour cream as it’s a different dispense mechanism, so your standard 15yo could ■■■■ it up.

1 Like

If there was any improvement it was lost on my last Saturday at Surfers. My Cheeseburger was folded over and half the cheese was on the wrapper. Perhaps packing the Cheeseburger on top of the Big Mac box rather than down the side of the bag would help. Big Mac was allright but I didn’t notice much difference from what I remember.

Quarter Pounder is the real MVP

1 Like

Would’ve loved mine yesterday had they not forgotten the ■■■■■■ onion!!

1 Like

I reckon this is the single biggest problem with any burgers/wraps when they are sub optimal. It’s always that’s there’s just waaaaaay too much of whatever sauce is supposed to be on it.

Get that right and they’re usually spot on. Get it wrong and it’s just woeful.