McDonalds Suggestions for McDav - and worker body-slams customer

Grilld is the worst. Overpriced flavourless rubbish. Nice chips though

It’s fantastic when there’s no other options.

so only eat as a last resort if dying of hunger?

I’ve had fantastic Grilld, and overpriced flavourless rubbish Grilld, at same store. Must depend on the ‘give a ■■■■’ rating of the pimply teen flipping the burgers.

A reply to: @Jefferson regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @wimmera1 regarding QuoteLink
I normally like the special Maccas things, but I do not like the steak roll. Rubbery meat and it fell apart, I suppose on the bright side I was able to stack it myself in the box. Also, that's not like any aioli I've ever tasted.

Looks like you got the “special sauce”, Wim.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

aarrrg that $3 double beef n bacon burger ‘thing’ is not nice to eat at all. Was thinking I’d get a double-stack Cheese burger , it’s like they cut a normal cheeseburger pattie in half, lengthways. So you end up with 2 bits of really thin rubberish patties. Couldn’t finish it and it’s tiny.

always add pickles, always

Had Grilld twice lately.

First one was a generic beef burger, pretty decent, but about 2 hours later I had shocking reflux which I never get.

Second one was a chicken burger, kind of Mexican style. But seriously, I will never get sour cream on a burger again. Wtf was I thinking? ■■■■ was everywhere.

I’ll try the place again, but that new chicken burger is ■■■■.

Oh, this is the Maccas thread. Had a cappacino this morning from Bell St Maccas. Actually very very good. There were no fights in the car park or people stealing snakes.

Someone has died in a Maccas drive through here in adelaide. He was crushed trying to get his money. I don’t know how to post the article but so sad :frowning:

What, under his vehicle or something?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/man-crushed-to-death-in-drive-through-of-mcdonalds-restaurant-at-kings-park/story-fni6uo1m-1227179961076

There’s a KFC Krusher joke in there somewhere.

TGI Friday burgers are the best in Melbourne, true story.

A reply to: @Mootsy regarding QuoteLink

but their breakfast is the worst in history..

A reply to: @em2009 regarding QuoteLink

Someone has died in a Maccas drive through here in adelaide. He was crushed trying to get his money. I don't know how to post the article but so sad :(
Ah, so thats what happened. On the radio they just said there was a serious crash and a driver had gone through a wall on the corner of cross and goody road, didnt realise it was a fatality

It’s fantastic when there’s no other options.

zucchini chips are amazing.

Not sure if 16 or sheltered?

A reply to: @Allblack regarding QuoteLink

It is a fantastic beef burger, plain but the patty is so simple and well grilled, tastes like good quality meat and those chips are glorious, especially with that honey mustard dip…

A reply to: @Allblack regarding QuoteLink

It is a fantastic beef burger, plain but the patty is so simple and well grilled, tastes like good quality meat and those chips are glorious, especially with that honey mustard dip…

Haven’t been there in a while, mainly because I don’t want to fork out the $$$$$$.

The Corner by McCafe: Healthier food and a world first

Late in December the McCafe next to Sydney’s Royal Prince Alfred Hospital changed its name to The Corner, removed all the Golden Arches and started selling kale salads and tofu. It’s Macca’s response to consumer demand for healthier food and quality coffee and it’s the first of its kind in the world.

There are no backlit menus, no visible nutritional information and the place is a lumberyard of soft timber. The staff (who at best estimate have an average age of 20) wear linen aprons over chambray shirts.

However, The Corner is still nothing like the kind cafes found in Surry Hills and Fitzroy staffed by bearded blokes with knee-length T-shirts. It feels like an airport kiosk and at 1pm on a Friday it’s full of frazzled looking doctors and folk seeing how far away from an inpatient facility it’s socially acceptable to wear a hospital gown and compression stockings.

I am certain I’m the only person who has travelled more than 100 metres to eat here.

The Corner is divided into different stations. There’s a help-yourself wall of pre-wrapped wraps ($8), fruit salad ($5) and plastic tubs of tofu and vegetables ($4). A pastry cabinet is filled with lots of chocolate, spongy things and a coffee counter sells corn fritters with avocado and feta ($7) at breakfast. For $10 at the lunch station you can choose two out the four salad options and one serve of meat.

The food isn’t terrible. It’s mostly mindless fare engineered to be eaten with a smartphone in one hand. Pearl couscous with roasted eggplant and capsicum is gluggy but completely edible and better than anything from a Coles deli. A Lebanese lentil and chickpea salad has a good bite and wouldn’t be out of place at any family picnic in the park.

The “Moroccan chicken” protein choice isn’t a fall-off-the-bone tagine of slow-cooked chook but inoffensive chicken breast covered with spices that might have been turmeric and cumin in a past life. The chipotle pulled pork, though. Geez, McCheese. It’s full of flavour and brilliantly seasoned. On a soft roll with coleslaw? Habooyah. Hopefully it sticks around (The Corner is also acting as a test lab for these Macca’s new recipes).

McDonald’s is selling Ethiopian single origin coffee now too! I order an espresso ($3) and it tastes like a burnt log.

Whether The Corner concept is rolled out nationally, or indeed internationally, remains to be seen. It’s easy to have a dig at McDonald’s for appropriating modern cafe culture, however, if cafes have been doing their version of a burger and fries for decades, is it such a bad thing for Macca’s to make a kale salad or two?

Sheesh. Do not want. Macca’s has seemed desperate for awhile, better for them to double-down on what makes them great than chase a market they’ll never get back.

BRING BACK THE MCSPICY FFS. rock up to the local see mcspicy on the board then have to suffer the disappointment of being told they’re no longer there.

A reply to: @Silly Billy regarding QuoteLink

Went to fancy new one in officer.. got a cheeseburger on a Briosche bun

my mate lives around the corner, was telling me you can make your own burger on the screen or some such?