Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness-What Songs Make you Cry

This hits me right in the feels everytime. Sia, breath me.

6 Likes
12 Likes

Wish you were here PF (actually almost anything they wrote can do that)
Sound of Silence is up there for sure

This one can work itā€™s way through your head:

1 Like

And Drake of course. Everything he did, but especially this.

2 Likes

I downloaded the Joni Mitchell discography, always skipped to big Yellow Taxi, nice!

1 Like

And The Cure made a career out of misery and this was the apogee.

1 Like
2 Likes

OK, Iā€™ll stop and leave you with Frankā€™s song of pain after the gorgeous Ava Gardiner left him. Flattened him but made him a better singer for sure.

My brother passed away a few years ago. They played this at his funeral. So apt. He was initially given 2 years but held back the years before succumbing after 10. Managed to see his kids grow up. I miss him.

12 Likes

I got changed into my suit for my dadā€™s funeral to this song I played on the juke box at a cafe in Kyneton.

5 Likes

Wow this song came out not long after my Mum died and used it for inspiration to keep me going, was a massive help to me at the time.

1 Like
2 Likes

Auld Lang Syne which used to played at new years always got me, I guess it always represented the passing of time and lost loved ones.

4 Likes

1000 years

2 Likes

I lied I know but I couldnā€™t leave this out. Not only signaled the end of Joy Division but the emergence of the horrifyingly awful New Order. Curtis must be turning in his grave.
Iā€™ll go now.

4 Likes

None of mine are really moving musically.
Lyrically bit of a mixed bag.
Few about lost loved ones including suicide.
One about 9/11, another about Apollo 1 then one about the Iraq war and another written from the perspective of the singer after he found the bassist following an attempted OD

1 Like

5 Likes
1 Like