Melbourne Cup - 2018 onwards

Is this the time and place to say that I somehow managed to pick the first three across the line AND have money on it.

11 Likes

Congrats. This is the first time in decades I haven’t gone and had a flutter on the Cup, and I’m pretty sure I saved myself some money.

1 Like

Did you put a trifecta on three completely different horses, as Mrs Wim did twenty years ago?

No, for a change I actually selected the first two across the line based on an expectation they would be in the hunt, and chose the one that ran third based on it name being similar to mine. Admittedly, I did box 5 horses, but the other two were expected to be there at the finish as well. Had Sound Check and Who Shot Thebarman as the other two.

1 Like

Same here, too many things needed to be done today. I even forgot to watch the race. Turned the TV on just as they past the post.

1 Like

I have zero sympathy for the dead horse.

I mean if the horse didn’t want to be trained every day of its life to run races, whipped, injected with who knows what, entered into a dangerous 24 horse field to possibly make its owners a whole of of money, and then get hurt and die, well then it shouldn’t have been born a horse now should it?

4 Likes

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Should have voted for the greens. Stupid horse.

2 Likes

Glue bags can’t vote. Because they’re farkin dumb

I’m in charge of my work’s sweepstake. Who wins last place - last past the post or the dead horse?

Did the Sauce have a ticket in the Sweep?

1 Like

Last past the post, (Red Cardinal).

(Cliffsofmoher didn’t get to finish :unamused:)

1 Like

RIP little fella, you were not given a choice.
If i had my way, they would race humans with monkeys on there backs whipping them instead.

4 Likes

nah.

but all the animal right people come out on cup day.

FWIW I dont really like horseracing. just cant get into it.

I dont buy the horses have a really bad life though.

I don’t think the monkeys would understand the core concept.

Now that’d be entertainment

Where did duffle coat supreme place

1 Like

My cousin’s husband runs the retirement home for racehorses out by the airport…I think Oakland Junction.

They rely on donations but they look after the horses, generally geldings and no use for breeding, very well.

2 Likes

17th, a half-length ahead of Rooting King.

Also, why hasn’t anyone else appreciated your reference?