Melbourne Cup - 2018 onwards

Just won by 3 lengths eased down take that!!

1 Like

Love that👌 i used to have one with kent, Supergrass nothing special but put away a 58 field by 7 lengths in Bendigo 2 years ago and was so good being there!
Trekking definatly, backing up though only query had it in the trifecta for the Everest.

1 Like

As a horse owner i tend to spend more time watching trials then footy which probably is good thing this year.

i said to my friends months ago when Verry Eleegant trialled the same morning as mine she wouldnt get beaten this year…ive backed her every time and am well in front …

Hopefully she can get the 2 miles .

Russian camelot was impressive as was van ■■■■ so see what happens with those 2

@swooper good luck friday night i had a starter in the group 1 Spring Champions stake at randwick and have been lucky enough to watch…he led to the top of rise as well so a unbelievable day…he also was in 2 group 3’s so he has spoilt me this spring .

Hes off getting gelded as he was rather more interested in off track activities more so then on track activities just like his owner lol

2 Likes

Whats his name ?

Is there a horse called “Essendon for bottom 4 next year”?

1 Like

Achiever… same family as elvestroem haradasun highland reel as reasons why they left him as a colt…

2 Likes

That would’ve been great. It’s so much fun being there, especially when they salute. I still reckon her maiden win at Cranbourne was the biggest buzz!

Thanks @Hesonlygotaleftfoot, pretty exciting, and I know I’ll be as nervous on Friday as I’ve been on Friday’s before Essendon GFs (remember those?). That’s a decent bloodline for Achiever, but yeah if his mind’s not on the job…
We’ve only got fillies at the moment other than DE, a 3yo (1 start) with Ellerton-Zahra and a couple of unraced 2yos with Clint McDonald.

Big Verry Elleegant fan here also, she’s been very kind to me.

1 Like

Think it’s a nice setup for DE to boxseat behind Pippie, should have Splintex coming across and being a nuisance for the lead, hopefully falls your way!

Hey Doc also looks decent value at $9.

1 Like

Makes sense!!

Thanks Sir Joe, I think that’ll be the plan, then let Ben pick the best course of action from there.

Would love to win and beat Hey Doc, don’t get too many opportunities to get the better of Fatprick Smith :grin:

1 Like

Good stuff. I got on that one late too. Not at your odds. Gone Bye, my tip in race 3 was just ok. Came 3rd.

1 Like

Whose DE?

If we could all chuck in a name of a horse on or before cup day, throw it in a 1st 4 that’s where the dough is…gets up ■■■■■■■ A! Share some knowledge, share some dough ray me, boast about it on other threads or just sink :beers: & :rofl::joy::rofl:
Did Prince of Arran track well in Caulfield Cup?
When do Surprise, Persan & Zebrowski race?

Diamond Effort

1 Like

Prince of Arran flew home late for fourth. Don’t think he’s run a bad race in Australia.

The other three you mentioned are only nominated for the Cup so far. Not sure where they sit in the pecking order, or if they might have to go via the Hotham? to gain entry.

1 Like

haha love it

Suprise Baby going straight into the melb pretty sure. Races are always spaces hence her lightly raced

1 Like

Yep sure trainer said before last run that was the prep run

The fave is $5.50 and I reckon that’s as good as it gets. Distance queries for a a few. I think after tomorrow the Camel will drift and Sir Dragonet will come in (backed now at 31’s). POA and Finche just haven’t been quite good enough but you know both will have a crack and be thereabouts. AVD ran 11 meters further than VE in the Caulfield Cup and barrier cost it victory. Right in it if it runs 3200.

Top 5 (as at 23/10)
Tiger Moth
Surprise Baby
Anthony Van Dyck
Verry Elleegant
POA

I’m working today with my mate who a few years ago bought into his first ever horse. He payed 1k for a 2% share it was trained by a pretty hot Trainer and was ridden by a female jockey. This is a photo up on our tearoom wall of one of it’s better trophies.

4 Likes