Melbourne Cup - 2018 onwards

I’ve just got back to Melbourne and haven’t had a chance to follow the runners in the big race. I need some help so I can at least lose my money with an educated punt.

I’m sure one of the horses will win it. Bet on a horse and you’ll be in with a chance

2 Likes

I think the favourite will come last, given how it won its last race.

1 Like

Backing Rostropovich each way.

My extensive research (5 minutes of reading the form guide in the Beteasy app) says Avilius with Red Cardinal a smokey for a place and that is where I will be putting all the $12 that’s left in the account from when I put money into it this time last year.

(Ignore me I know nothing)

2 Likes

Nobody knows anything, it’s the Melbourne Cup.
Having said that, I like Prince, I like Runaway despite Gai, and I don’t think Barman and Ventura are the worst.

I hate Yucatan, Magic and Marmelo.

#17 Prince of Arran Francis

3 Likes

Muntahaa!

Because it has the best name in the race.

2 Likes

Given the last winner I picked was Rogan Josh in1999, I would not recommend taking stock in my selections:
A Prince of Arran
Yucatan
Rostropovich

Who Shot the Barman is a good roughie. May be 10yo now but did win the Sydney Cup over 3200 in April.

1. Darren Bewick
3 Likes

Take an umbrella.

1 Like

Best Solution

Drunk 20 somethings will be the real winner

1 Like

That’s a good start to the day! :slight_smile:

This is gonna be a heavy 10 track & that being the case, something rough will likely win IMO. Something like Vengeur Masque at $91 or Ventura Storm at $35 have great wet track form and good barriers. Even Whoshotthebarman has a show at 10 years old! The unknown is how these European horses handle the going. Their definition of heavy tracks and ours are very different. Good luck if you’re having a go but I’ll be sitting this out & waiting for the last race.

My tip: stay out of the rain and don’t gamble.

2 Likes

My tip is that the number of animal activists you know today is significantly larger than how many you knew yesterday. And will know tomorrow.

4 Likes

9 Likes

New plan.
Follow Francesca.

Follow her, but don’t be creepy about it.

2 Likes