Melbourne Cup - 2018 onwards

Is this thread slow on the 2020 cup or does no one bet anymore?

Still betting, although not in big amounts. But it helps pass the time on a Saturday afternoon in lockdown.
For the Cup, either Prince of Arran or Verry Elleegant. Been backing VE for over a year and don’t see cause to jump off.

Dabbling in ownership too. Mentioned in another thread a while back that I’ve got a small share in Diamond Effort, who is running in the Manikato on Friday night.

3 Likes

Prince of Arran is my pick. Terrible ride in the Caulfield cup & was too wide for most of the trip but still got home well in 4th . I also like Avilius as a roughie place chance & for mutiples.

I’m going with Anthony Van Dyck. Had a tough barrier and was stuck wide for the entire trip in the Caulfield Cup. Saying that, I’m really bad at punting so you’re probably best to avoid it.

Not melb cup, but cox plate im on Humidor and Probabeel
Also im on Brooklyn Hussle Friday in the manikato.

King of leogrance in today’s Geelong cup!

I bet every weekend didnt even know about this thread and follow horses religiously haha!

So I have no idea whose in and out for this cup.
Any thoughts?

I feel like you could look at Vow and Declare’s run and say ‘obviously it was going to win/come last in the cup.’

I thought Blitz would be far too woke for a horse racing thread. Well there you go, there’s still some earthiness left.
Race 3 number 1 at Randwick today by the way :ok_hand:

AVD ran an absolute ripper in the caulfield from a horrible draw and run.

1 Like

Both running this year?

Hoping for the rain to come on Friday night. Need a soft 7 or slower for DE for the Manikato.

1 Like

I just think if it doesn’t get too far back will run over the top, hopefully a good tempo too. Its burst is unreal

We wont know until its finalised. You can pick and hope now but its all in betting at the moment. So if it gets injured or doesn’t make the field then you will lose your money. There’s a few I like but I’ll wait closer untill they are confirmed.

only bet on a sure thing

Yeah, she’s got a decent turn of foot.
Dirty Work’s also a concern, he got us on the line in the Schillaci with a late burst.
Important not to let Pippie have her own way out front.

Agreed, but wasn’t dirty works main target last start?hawkes simply said yesterday if it can run then distance its a great chance. You have a share in Diamond effort in guessing? Just based off dirty work ‘he got us on the line’ last start

Pippie i have had blackbooked since it was in Queensland, definately. Backed it last start too.

The silent majority isn’t woke…

Well maybe woke to EFC ineptitude. :joy:

I just jumped on #2 in race 1 and got it at 9 dollars 10 minutes ago its now into 4s…:crossed_fingers::heavy_check_mark:

1 Like

Yeah, some mates and I formed a syndicate and as luck would have it she’s the first horse we bought into. She’s probably right in the line of betting at around $10-11.

I didn’t hear Hawkes yesterday, but looking at DWs form it indicates 1200 might be an ask. Trekking the class factor of the race.

1 Like