Melbourne Tigers into Melbourne United

Bring back the Hobart Devils

steve carfino
David Stiff

Wildcats... Fisher, Vlahov, Riiiiiiiicky Graaaace, JC.

yeah, awesome team. ricky grace was a beast

great times

James Crawford was just awesome.

The North Melbourne Kangaroos North Melbourne of NBL

They are moving to Margaret Court Arena?
Is it becoming a multi-purpose venue now? 

steve carfino
David Stiff

mr wayne mcdaniel

They are moving to Margaret Court Arena?
Is it becoming a multi-purpose venue now? 

Yep.

The installation of the roof of the arena will enable more sports to be held there as Hisense and the Cage are seen to have far too high rental fees. The Tigers bosses announced before even the start of last season that for this season, they will play the majority of home games at Margaret Court Arena.

If that farktard Andrew Gaze is against it, then I’m all for it.

P. S. I used to be a spectors fan, because Dean Uthoff came to my school.

Loved the Hoff.

The Big M Eastside Spectres!

Bruce bolden, Ronaldson, Perry and Lucas.

Good times :)

This is why the NBL will never succeed. Regardless of whether it is up against AFL, NRL or soccer.

Can the comp settle a bit?

I remember when the Dragons were playing and since then they folded and I think another Melbourne team formed and folded.

Crap league run by amateurs.

Then the delay in this thread being made is indicative of how little even the OP and anyone else really cares.

Or he's been I a rage for two weeks, unsure of just how to go about expressing said rage.

Singapore Slingers.

Loved the Hoff.
The Big M Eastside Spectres!
Bruce bolden, Ronaldson, Perry and Lucas.
Good times :)

I was so excited the first time I went to the glasshouse, because I thought it was made entirely of glass. Once that disappointment dimmed, I really did enjoy the few NBL games I went to.
I stuck with the SE Melbourne Magic for a little while, then just lost interest.

YES

Yeah big Tigers fan, always hated the Magic/Giants/Titans/Dragons, whatever club Goorjian was coaching that eventually became financially insolvent.

THIS.

Well not a big fan but I was a Tigers man when NBL was relevant in the 90's.

Needless to say, those loyal to the Tiger cause, from the Gaze family though to Lanard Copeland and the loyal fans there each week are up in arms.

All 400 of their members?

Hated the Tigers even though there's been literally no reason to since the Magic folded.

But hey, after hearing mates from Perth telling me about how good the Wildcats home games have been recently, I might actually start going.

I was always a Tigers fan.  Hated the magic, the spectres and the titans (not quite true I did not 'hate' the titans even though they were sometimes marketed as giants with an ability to cast magic to sell the reincarnation of the giants and magic).  Did not really care about the giants, wanted them to beat the magic or whatever guise they were at the time.  I went to the first playoff series against the Cannons that the magic played en route to their first title (in 1992 I think)  It was an uninspiring game, wanted the Cannons to win but they could not.  The Tigers v magic games of the mid 90's were spectacular events record crowds game after game and they were good games most of the time.  Gaze had a 42 point performance 7-11 3 ptrs matched up on sam mckinnon was probably my (non-playoff) highlight.

Loved going to the basketball at the tennis centre after an Essendon win at the G.  The last time I went to an NBL game was when the Tigers won their first title in a threepeat in the early to mid 00's.  I went to a Tigers-kings game that the Tigers won in OT.  Awesome game and a great game to finish watching them at.  Going to the Cage became too much of a time constraint and effort, sometimes I sometimes feel the same about Essendon games at Etihad.  Unfortunately.

The nbl is on life support.

They need to lift the import rule, as in if a team wants to import 5 dudes then they should be able to.

I know it should be a development league but if a guy is good enough then they will get a game.

People dont want to pay to watch some bloke from kilsyth brick threes.

They want slashing and dunks.

its not entertaining to the average joe any more, when Gaze was throwing lobs to Copeland, they had a brand

its ■■■■ now, even though its good basketball.

see more of this

http://youtu.be/kMzs04FiAhs

problem is, the good players from here dont play here. 

People dont want to pay to watch some bloke from kilsyth brick threes.

WSPHU

Me and the family used to trek out to the Derwent Entertainmet Centre in the early 90s to see the Devils play.