Members survey:

The top three vote getters got ~1300, ~1200, and ~800.

I know the Raptor lost, but he didn’t get enough anti-votes to drag them and the rest down to 3000 total votes.

Just FYI it was around 2000 total voters this year - with 2 votes each. From memory the results went something like -

Brasher - 1350
Barham - 1220
Williams - 830
Porter - 450
Young - 150
Raptopoulus- 120

Oops. Divide by two.

Thanks Paul.

The old divide by two trick.

Filled it in. Took about 20 seconds.

Filled it in. Took about 20 seconds.

I note he didn’t ask about shisha pipes this time.

Genuine sore loser by the sounds of it.

This post is being sent on 18 Essendon supporter sites
Please list them.

WE ARE ESSENDON BOMBERS
• TRUE TO THE RED SASH
• True Dons ONLY!
• Dustin Fletcher is a legend
• Essendon Bombers Fan Club
• NSW Bombers Supporters Group
• THE MIGHTY ESSENDON BOMBERS ARMY
• Essendon Empire
• We Are Bombers Family
• Red and Black Don the Sash
• OUR SASH-OUR FUTURE
• Essendon Fan Page. (Hird Supporters Only)
• BombersFan.Football (or BFF)
• We Are The Essendon Army
• Essendon Family
• Essendon rocks
• JAMES HIRD ESSENDON LEGEND
• And Here

I think it’s a reasonable question to ask - it amazes me so few people vote

This post is being sent on 18 Essendon supporter sites

Huh. What?

which sites are they? Didn’t know we had 18.

2000 out of 60,000.

Makes you wonder how many people would vote at State and Federal elections if it was not compulsory.

Also tells me, that if you were serious about getting elected, it would not be that hard to get the numbers needed.

Cannot recall anyone calling me ever to vote for them for EFC Board, and I reckon all Candidates must get the list of Members details.

2000 out of 60,000.

Makes you wonder how many people would vote at State and Federal elections if it was not compulsory.

Also tells me, that if you were serious about getting elected, it would not be that hard to get the numbers needed.

Cannot recall anyone calling me ever to vote for them for EFC Board, and I reckon all Candidates must get the list of Members details.

They don’t.

2000 out of 60,000.

Spot on, I would suspect a fair proportion wouldn’t vote if it wasn’t compulsory.
As I mentioned earlier, the bloke in my local council area won with around 400 votes, no one can be arsed voting

No Jarmy Army? Fail.

2000 out of 60,000.

They don’t.

Is that right Boot ??

Must be the only election I know where the voters are secret from the candidates.

2000 out of 60,000.

They don’t.

Is that right Boot ??

Must be the only election I know where the voters are secret from the candidates.

It’s a breach of privacy. Nominees definitely have no access to members details.

I think it's a reasonable question to ask - it amazes me so few people vote

I very rarely voted before the saga started. I found it a bit strange voting someone to the board when all you’re are doing is reading a 500 word spiel that they’ve written themselves. Most people sound like winners when they do their own resumé.

It wasn’t until Catherine and Paul came along that you could actually get a little bit of a ‘feel’ for the candidate. Well done to the both of them. Hey, I just found a positive out of the Saga. Woohoo!

2000 out of 60,000.

They don’t.

Is that right Boot ??

It’s a breach of privacy. Nominees definitely have no access to members details.

Well Catherine. I have stood for and won Local Government and Union Elections and run campaigns for State and Federal Government and in all cases you get a copy of the complete voter role with residential address.

Sort of limits the opportunity for voters to know what is going on and make a democratic decision. No wonder we get so few voting.

Think you owe a fair bit to BomberBlitz for your success then.

I hope you’re not still in any form of government role, theres enough muppets as is.

2000 out of 60,000.

Candidates don’t get a list, but that’s something that should be look at. In 2014 I stood for election for my unions Governing Council. I was against 4 others, 2 who were the leaderships appointed ones. Well anyway I was able to get the membership list. Voting in that election was voluntary but I have been told that the number of voters was significantly higher then previous years. And by the way I did get elected/

I don't know for sure, but here's a thought.

Maybe, next time two candidates are elected to the board running under a specific platform… That you don’t do completely the opposite 10 months later.

Boys club won again. Does not matter one iota what we do. So why bother. Answer that in your ■■■■■■■ survey.

I agree, I was clear what I was standing for and what I would try to do. If I choose to stand again then it will be the same