Membership 2018 - we got to 79,318

Especially since they pretty much botched their transition to the new name, with a Chipp getting unremarkable results in the Northcote by-election.

1 was the best of a dodgy lot

2 looked like a pair of Whereā€™s Wally leggings.

I wish we had the EFC logo on the sash side of the scarf.

The don the sash side looks shittee and Iā€™d rather the football club logo than a sponsor logo on the side that will be visible.

1 Like

Again I had to endure some fat opposition supporter sitting next to me in the High Mark areaā€¦Iā€™m sick of it. Seems the money money you fork over the less the club wants to do for you.

Would have been better off staying where I first started sitting in the back row of level 1 with all the opposition scum standing behind me.

Its just bullsh1t

1 Like

I didnā€™t bother to vote in the scarf poll.
I just want them to send my membership card to me in plenty of time, not on the day of the first match

Mate, I pay the big bucks too, and I have an Essendon fan in front of me at the G who its far worse than any opposition fan. Everything we do is ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– , all the players are just varying degrees of useless, some he hates with an almost serial killer passion, and he just doesnā€™t farking shut up. Iā€™d much rather your fat opposition supporter. Heā€™s not as embarrassing as when itā€™s one of your own.

4 Likes

Was it an EFC member loaning their card to a friend?

So you got yours early then?

3 Likes

I used to sit near a bloke who would blame Goddard for everything, even when he wasnā€™t involved or a different player caused the turnover. Just the worst

1 Like

nope he bought the seat a couple of days before the matchā€¦thankfully he moved at half time which was when I was able to sit upright again

Its just that opposition thing happens all the time at Dockland

And we only moved there because the viewing in row 6 on level one is crap and the supporters down there are all left wing do gooders and have no sense of occasion or humour

The ā€œGā€ is the exact oppositeā€¦some really good people and they seem to put up with my opinions that I offer up the umpires

I thought they scrapped the seat re-sale thing for that exact reason?

Club has been doing their best to resolve this for years, but itā€™s really out of their control. Whatever seats arenā€™t sold as memberships are released back to the AFL/stadium to be sold to whoever. only way to really stop it would be to completely sell out the reserved seat memberships I suspect.

Sorry wonā€™t do it again.

3 Likes

On the other side of the coin, last week was completely sold out but there were rows of empty seats in the middle and lower tiers. I would prefer to let more of the masses into empty seats, though I can see both sides.

76,180. Finally catching up to what the banner said on the weekend: ā€œThanks to our 76k membersā€

The total exceeds that for any club in 2017.

2 Likes

no card caused big problem - so now we have mobile scanning

Whens the latest you can buy a membership? Am currently os and been to lazy to get it done but will get it done in the next week.

I think until season ends. if you care about being a recognised member # (in tallies) i think youā€™v;e missed out.

I noticed the club are offering free 3 game flexi memberships to lapsed members for the last 3 home games. Sounds like they may either getting to the planned 76K or maybe even 80K if they are counting free memberships.

1 Like

Hey Cookie! If you want to be counted in this yearā€™s officially tally you have until the end of July.

2 Likes