Membership 2018 - we got to 79,318

OK Catherine, will get in done this week.

Thanks!

3 Likes

My daughter got offered a 3 game flexi even though she has a 3 game flexi? But at least her original membership arrived on time.

I have had a gut fullā€¦yesterday we were surrounded by by dockers supporters. I havent paid 780 bucks a year to sit with these POS supportersā€¦they are amongst the worst.

If the member services contintue to treat 20 plus year supports like thisā€¦they can gagf

its just complete BSā€¦and I dont give a Fark if its because they sell the seats via outsourcing.

Put us with the rest of the high mark members or lose us

fark me Iā€™m angry

Hey Red_Territory,

I would suggest calling the club and asking to be moved if it is troubling you. My seats are on level 1 at Etihad and I am surrounded by Essendon members except for the few that lend their memberships to other people at times.

It may just be that your seats are legacy seats (as you have been in them for 20 years, as mine are) and the seats around you have changed to be away seats.

Well, its my birthday this Friday so Iā€™m going to the game with my Dad and his partner. So I have the joy having to shell out $65 per seat to get good level 1 seats (he canā€™t handle heights anymore), which means Iā€™m paying for my empty Level 2 reserve seat on top of that. Very annoying. I really wish there was some system to handle reserve seat members wanting to go with friends to the football.

2 Likes

You poor thing. I also have reserved level two seats that I wonā€™t be using. So I am giving them to a fellow supporter (which we do quite often) so he and his son can go to the game. Maybe you could do the same, so someone can get to a game they might not otherwise have seen.

Crikey what a carry on. Whatā€™s the big deal sitting in amongst opposition supporters? Adds a bit of colour to the game I reckon.

7 Likes

Iā€™ll offer it around the office, but in the past Iā€™ve found few people want to take a single seat. And Iā€™m a bit uncomfortable handing it out to strangers as Iā€™d have to catch up with them before/after the game, and I donā€™t know them.

Iā€™d be reasonably happy if the club had some system for it to be given out for free to someone else more needy, as long as I donā€™t need to hand over my membership card.

We used to have this http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2012-03-28/essendon-launches-seat-resale-program

What ever happened to it?

Works well for NBA.

You donā€™t have to meet them. We do it all by email, and generally they are fellow Blitz members who donā€™t have seats or canā€™t get to games very often.

1 Like

How do you do it via email? Is it just the barcode?

Surrounded by Dockers supporters? The club needs a good old fashioned lashing for giving you reserved seats in the away team cheer squad because thatā€™s the only place where they were grouped together.

You go into the club membership portal and log in and itā€™s under the ā€œmanage your seatsā€ option. Otherwise ring the club and theyā€™ll email them to you.

1 Like

Out of curiosity - would photographing the barcode, sending via email, printing, scanning in work?

I would think so. But youā€™d only do that with people that you trust. If you do the print ticket option through the club it doesnā€™t matter.

isnā€™t what gets sent to you a once off code for the seat? rather than your season barcode.

It would but you dont want to give people your barcode.

We simply email whomever we are giving the seats to, with our name and membership numbers, stating we wish them to have our seats for game x, they print the email and take to the club hub at the ground where they get the tickets.

5 Likes

Hi Cathrrine

No we havent been in these ones for 20 years. We moved away from level one because its was difficult to see the play. So we upgraded to High mark to get level 2. We expected to be amongst out own but no. We always have opposition surrounding us. When its a Victorian team is usually okay but when its an interstate game, the quality of supporter really drops off. I think its because they are used to having the whole crowd against their opposition.

What I meant about the 20 years is that we started off at bronze, then about 10 years ago moved up to silver and this year we moved up to Highmark.

Dont know about you guys, but I prefer to sit with friends (Bomber supporters). Thats why I became a memeber.

Iā€™ll call them todayā€¦but from my experience its like calling Telstraā€¦you get no satisfaction whatsoever

When they carry on yelling and screaming, kicking your seat and spill beerā€¦its not fun.

Dont get me wrongā€¦I dont mind a couple around me, but on the weekend there were us 3 bombers supporters and about 15 Dockers supportersā€¦we were surronded

1 Like

What aisle are your seats?