Membership 2018 - we got to 79,318

online it says i have to renew by the 6th of December and then i got a letter from the club saying i have to pay by the 15th of December. which one should i listen to?

@Catherine_Lio mentioned as much when talking to the Sock. Good perspective.

Earlier the better, Iā€™d say.

The Member Pack is soooooo good the club have decided to send it twice in the space of 3 days

Can knit 6 scarfs together into a blanket now

1 Like

Do AFL members with Ess club support get any of this stuff?

yes

Renewed myself and Jnr this morning and swapped back to National from the 3 game flexis we had for this year (Brisbane residents). The revised National package is much better value now.

Just a note on the GF guarantee add on though; when I was going to renew last night online the site said the GF add on was ā€˜no longer availableā€™. This add on being one of the benefits of the National package, I thought oh well, Iā€™ll just get the 3 game flexi again and just buy GA tix for the QLD game/s. However, I couldnā€™t find how to renew both memberships in one transaction (surely thereā€™s a way??) so left it and got on the phone this morning. Turns out the add on is still available (well, they sold me 2 of them, so I hope so) and overall the service was good.

Now Iā€™m not so lid-off to think weā€™re likely to make the GF next year, and if we do then Iā€™ve probably just set myself up for heartbreak (the only GF Iā€™ve been to was 1983 and I really donā€™t want to go through that again!). Still, it seems like $55 isnā€™t much to keep the option open.

2 Likes

Yep, itā€™s a small price to pay to keep the dream alive.

Question: I received my 2018 ā€˜Member Packā€™ yesterday, but it only contained a jumper I purchased and had no scarf or hat. It says in the email that the ā€˜Member Cardā€™ will be sent separately in Feb. Have they made a mistake or do I have to wait till Feb to receive my scarf and hat?

Sounds like an error.

Maybe @Bullwinkle got yours?

Wow. Iā€™ve been an AFL member for 6 years and never received one of these?! Who do I contact about this? (AFL membership or EFC?)

Step 1: meltdown on blitz
Step 2: ???
Profit.

I got two a couple of years ago.

Worked out why we got double packs

Because we signed up to Silver Membership a few days after renewal, original pack was for the first one and then the second pack was for the new Silver, basically the exact same pack with a pissy little silver keyring included

Sounds like you ordered one of the Members Jumpers that are available to members. Iā€™d guess your members package is still on its way. Youā€™ll get an email with a tracking number when they send it out. Has that happened?

Is Coons still on the books at the bombers?

Iā€™m surprised by his passion for the club after only being with us a couple of seasons at the end of his career.

7 Likes
4 Likes

Nice video and all, but jeez the nameā€¦ itā€™s no ā€œWindy Hillā€ is it.

I do hope we maintain a presence at Windy Hill.

I actually enjoy watching VFL there more than I do most Bomber games at Etihad.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the plan. We will still play some VFL games there, but going forward, Iā€™d say most of the games played there will be womenā€™s games.

They need to do the ground up, though. Get proper change rooms etc. The Cookson stand will need to come down as well.

2 Likes