Membership 2018 - we got to 79,318

Where were you sitting ?

We had a guy like that near us a few years ago at Etihad, he lasted about 20 minutes until a young lady told him quietly to cut it out, and before he reacted there was a spontaneous roar of approval from many of us around her.

He left.

4 weeks in still no card for grandson. (Membership was renewed in Dec '17.)
His mum got hers - same address - bought at the same time - members for several years - same address for years.

Does anyone know what happened. Iā€™m looking to blame someone.
Expect this from others but not my club.

I have been in touch with EFC Membership without explanation or apology, just a promise to look into it.

Club has dropped the ball this year in re to memberships. Still havenā€™t received my VFLW package, sent an email, still waiting to hear back.

11 Likes

Its 70K ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– !

2 Likes

Blockquote
ā€œWeā€™re determined to reward the loyalty our members have shown in our Club, in our players, our staff, and our coaches over the coming years.
(ā€¦)
ā€œWe want to find greater levels of service for our members, develop a deeper connection with our members and we will continue to challenge ourselves to do that moving forward.

Plenty of work ahead according to blitz contributors :sweat_smile:

1 Like
  1. deliver cards in a timely manner
1 Like

According to the article, 70,638 members today.
62,720 on April 20 last year. So the lead over last year is actually growing. If the lead holds, weā€™ll hit 75,000 easily.

1 Like

Was probably a good move finding some form coming into ANZAC Day, as good tickets become more scarce, reserved seat memberships have more appeal than paying through the nose for a single ticket.

2 Likes

Only every second year, and not this one.

Thereā€™s enough material for a whole thread there ā€¦ idiots who sit near you. Iā€™m pretty lucky down near the front of Bay 33. No shortage of dumb comments (some of mine included) but nobody takes it too far.

3 Likes

I complained once at a bulldogs game we had some real mouth pieces standing behind us at our members end ā€¦told the security guys they just looked at me like I had 6 heads so I thought okay ā€¦went back to my seat & every time the guys said something I said really loudly ā€¦what is that awful sound? or my personal favourite that really irritated them was laughing really loud & shouting doggies supporters are such morons ā€¦they finally went away so at least we got to watch most of the last quarter in peace ā€¦

I have a reserved home and away seat so that helps every year.

But those that have home reserved seats are either guaranteed a seat for Anzac Day or Dreamtime (as we alternate each year).

And at the very least, provide an option for non-match day members on whether or not they wish to have a membership card.

I was informed that a final decision has been made and that there wonā€™t be any cards this year. Can you confirm, please? @Catherine_Lio

Thanks in advance.

I believe, if you contact the club, they are providing membership cards. There was a bit of a kerfuffle :innocent:

2 Likes

Seems simple to me. Whichever genius thought sending it out with that piece of ā– ā– ā– ā–  magazine should re-evaluate their priorities.

1 Like

I still donā€™t even have the magazineā€¦ not that I want it at allā€¦

Just received that email from the club apologizing for the membership card stuff up and inviting people to fill out the survey again if not done so. ( I already have).

Would have thought it is pretty simple. Most people donā€™t give a stuff about their membership pack or the magazine, but are pumped at receiving their card. It is like the key that unlocks Essendon hope/hype for the new year.

We are paying earlier every year to keep our seats, so the number 1 priority should be to pour all resources into getting the cards out by the end of January. That way if there is a minor delay, you donā€™t get the disaster that was this year.

Everything else can arrive whenever and is just a nice little bonus.

7 Likes

I donā€™t think it is as clear cut as ā€˜most people donā€™t give a stuff about their membership pack or magazineā€™ if you go back to the comments about the membership scarf.

Please fill in the survey everyone. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The scarf, the pin, the sticker, etc, etc.

1 Like