Membership 2018 - we got to 79,318

And the remaining 3?!? What is left if it wasn’t a win, loss or draw?? :joy:

1 Like

I haven’t read this thread since December last year.

I got a shock when I received a text about my membership arriving soon. It was at that point I checked my wallet and realised I still had last year’s membership.

Real poor form.
I paid my AFL membership at the same time as EFC membership. AFL membership arrived in the first week of January.
The membership should be out to people prior to our first JLT game.
If another element of the membership pack is delaying the issue of the pack, then send the membership card first and the rest out later.

4 Likes

I don’t have my card yet. Does anyone know what to do if it doesn’t turn up? How the hell will I get into the ground? It’s pathetic that a professional football club can’t get its act together and send out memberships within four months after direct debiting my account.

Hello.

As some have mentioned, just head to the membership hub at the ground and give them your name and membership number. They will be able to print your ticket off for you.

Having said that, I do believe everyone will receive their cards prior to the game…

2 Likes

As mentioned above Katie, I know I’ll be looked after on the night but having people still waiting inside a week until the first game cannot be considered acceptable by the club, can it? Not in my book anyway.

I don’t have mine yet and I won’t be home at all next week due to work commitments in Tasmania. I’ll be going to the game directly from Tullamarine Airport. Clearly the club didn’t anticipate this, hence why the member packs had a leaflet saying cards would be sent in February. It’s not as if March 23 has snuck up on anyone, the date was known in October!

This happened a few years ago too (2009?). Poor Melissa Chan probably still has nightmares about it. Imagine if we did have 70,000 to process & send out before round one!

4 Likes

Trust me Mr Sunbury (is it really you, Mark?? :joy: ) I’m fairly sure this was not planned in any way. I’m reading this thread as it comes and taking it all on board, trust me.

2 Likes

Seems like a middle management genius had an idea to save x amount of dollars by sending it all out at once. Not accounting for a ■■■■ ■■■■■■■ magazine getting In the way.

1 Like

Apparently there wasn’t a plan B

4 Likes

12 Likes
11 Likes

Wonder if the wait at the membership tent will be as long as the wait on the phone for the membership department?

2 Likes

It depends, if people don’t phone the membership department then the person in the tent can do the printing.

and no - it can’t be both

Still haven’t got mine and today’s mail has been. Should I be ringing?

Take the money and run?

I still have not got mine either. I went to ring the club but the recorded intro said that if you are ringing about your membership card it will be posted in the week beginning 12/03. It is 19/03 and still nothing. Frustrated.

1 Like

Still haven’t got mine, but to be fair, I am 3000k’s from my letterbox. :grin::rofl::joy::wink:

3 Likes

SMS was sent to me last week & as of today, Monday, my tickets have not arrived. Rang the club & after waiting 22mins, managed to speak to membership officer. He was helpful but couldn’t guarantee the tix would arrive by Friday, however he has emailed me the tickets to print & use for the game on Friday.
I Suggested the club email or or have some explanation on the web site as to why this ■■■■-up has occurred, I believe the company they outsource the printing & distribution of membership tickets is to blame. Communication in this instance is non existent.
Maybe an email to the CEO suggesting the club put more resources into looking after the long time loyal FOOTBALL members instead of all these extra activities such as esports internet games.

1 Like

Given the delay and angst it is causing to members (who have paid up their $$) - not sure why the club doesn’t organise members to just print out their ticket for this game via their My Essendon Account.

If they are planning on sorting this via a printer(s) at the ground that could be a disaster is there is a big demand (or even a reasonable demand). Not worth the risk and backlash.

My card arrived today, with my seazun preview. Still high from the fumes of the latter. If the guy who proofread it had to deal with those chemical, it’s little surprise there are so many error. Might have a lie down.

8 Likes

The club hears ya. Come down the members pavilion on Friday to login and print your ticket.

3 Likes