Membership 2018 - we got to 79,318

The club is getting stingy. Over the years I’ve donated money, donated all my old football cards to their museum, bought their raffle tickets and bought large framed memorabilia to support the club. We are getting less and less for our Interstate membership every year. Even the magazine has shrunk. I always looked forward to the plastic membership card. I wonder who makes these decisions within the club??

1 Like

Nup…I moved up to High Mark this year to get away from opposition flogs…got to my new seats only to be surrounded by them…it just Bullsh!t

1 Like

I was also badly surprised when I found out about the price increase, but now no card? Sad indeed! :frowning:

2 Likes

Looking forward to you commenting at some stage, Catherine. Thanks.

The Club should just give members an option at time of renewal. How hard is it to add a check box for us to indicate whether we want a scarf every year or not? Am sure plenty of members would opt out of it. Would actually save the Club money.

Where are you Red, lots of empty High Mark seats near us; section 35 at the Dome.

Round at 31 Bacchus. Its hard to move around as there are 3 of us and to get a group of three seats is difficult.

I would of imagined that the High Mark would have just about been sold out by now.

Good excuse blame Aussie Post.

Works up here our mail delivery is sh’house most of the time. We can get mail or a parcel from some remote place overseas long before we can get a letter posted locally. Service has all but disappeared.

Mrs Fox gets really pisssed when we have opposition supporters sitting around us. She originally hails from Sydney and is a Rugby League convert, and is now nearly as passionate at the footy as @Koala.

For some reason Melbourne supporters upset her the most, though she has a real hate of St Kilda supporters after her first match at the G was a State of Origin back a long time ago and there was a group of female St Kilda supporters barracking for Lockett and Winmar, they were very feral.

Where are you at the G ?

They’re a ■■■■■■■ odd bunch. Once watched one eat 3 ceaser salads eating only the croutons and bacon. Then turfing the salad.

3 Likes

Really upset about the decision not to give membership cards to those with digital and beyond the boundary memberships. We are members too and proudly fly the flag for the club with little local support. My membership cost more than the flexi 3 membership. Is a piece of 50 cent plastic really worth alienating loyal members?

4 Likes

41 here, nice bunch of Bomber supporters.

I doubt it costs that much.

Yep, club can save some money and provide a better outcome for members.
E-cards are the way to go for starters and a simply tick for yes or no to a scarf is a great idea

3 Likes

Little update on this guys. The club has spoken to quite a few people today and are fully aware how much the membership cards mean to members.

Expect to hear more about this in the next few weeks I would say.

(Hopefully not an ‘it’s in the mail’ few weeks though. Too soon for jokes? Probably)

10 Likes

So there’s hope?

Always.

2 Likes

while you’re at it, convince myki to let me load my card into my phone, whats the point of nfc in a bit of plastic when i can CONSOLIDATE.

1 Like

Board meeting postponed - meeting papers still to be delivered…

3 Likes

30 here and no complaints about the area. Although it’s quite possible that I’m the annoying one.

2 Likes