Membership 2019

Probably because you have a job.

5 Likes

And you work for a dentist.

3 Likes

Who doesnā€™t practise in jails.

So, Iā€™m thinking about going to the pre-game bit in the Quill room (and maybe the half-time) that is available for High Mark members. Iā€™ve never actually attended one of these, despite being a high mark member for 4 years.

Am I correct that this room is behind the seats on Level 2? As in, right at the back? Is it worthwhile going?

Xavier is meant to be turning up for Q&A, any burning questions? Like when weā€™re getting rid of Worsfold? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah itā€™s at the back of about aisle 29 I think it is. Itā€™s a nice room for beers out of glass. Theyā€™ve been doing finger food at half time. Question time is ok. Iā€™ve never really heard any hard hitting questions but if youā€™ve time time to kill, there are worse ways to do it.

Oh I do have a question. If 1 person accepts mediocrity, does that alone ruin the season? Or is it a linear thing with more people getting on board the more it drags the club down?

1 Like

Two time now.

Whatā€™s his username.

1 Like

Really enjoyed last nights game. Only one issue; a group of GWS supporting impersonators making gooses of themselves behind us in level 3.

Just wondering whether it is time for Bomberbelle, family and I to consider a less volatile area. Can I please have info on what options are available for level 2? Iā€™m told that itā€™s a wonderful viewing experience at Marvel. How much does it cost to be there?

TIA

The view is great from level 2. Just be aware that you can have similar issues no matter where your seats are. I canā€™t recall who it was but they have seats near me and they didnā€™t like the amount of away supporters near them. Iā€™ve never had any trouble though saying that.

Just off the top of my head itā€™s about $1500 for 2 High Mark reserved seats. But I think a family membership is not much more.

Hope that helps.

Donā€™t sit near the level 2 mid-wing camera. Thereā€™s a balding headed flog that wonā€™t shut up there.

4 Likes

Leave me out of it! Oh Iā€™m not on the wing. Sorry.

Not related to 2019, but the latest Junktime AFL podcast has Bombers fan, comedian Damian Callinan. He tells an amusing tale of being a member and having Mark Neeld show up at his house (Bombers chat starts right at 10:00 in, though thereā€™s some funny stuff from the start):

Junktime AFL Podcast (@JunktimeAFLPod) Tweeted:
New pod out now with special guest @damiancallinan. If youā€™ve ever dreamed of Mark Neeld showing up at your door to talk footy, this is the pod for you.

1 Like

Umpire Nicholls?

Another question relating to membership - Iā€™m unable to get to the game again this week. My adult children are wanting to go and have just realised that I have the membership cards with me. Is it possible to photograph the barcodes and email/text them to the kids, and have them scan in?

You can log in to the membership area on the Essendon site. Once logged in you can manage your seats there. So you can forward them in an email to whoever wants them. Alternatively you can ring the club and theyā€™ll email the tickets to you and you can forward them.

The phone trick would probably work too but Iā€™ve never been brave enough to risk it.

1 Like

Yes, a screen/printout works. Itā€™s what the club does if they have to issue a membership mid-year and thereā€™s a game before the card would arrive.

1 Like

DIGITAL MEMBERSHIP CARDS WHEN?

1 Like

82,454 (Lid-off members cancelling holidays in September)

4 Likes

Beat the Gold Coast and there will be a massive amount of Bomber supporters at the Port game.

The momentum train will be starting to really build.