As there appears to be growing discontent with the current Essendon Board, I was thinking the club should have a Membership Sub-Committee much like Melbourne Victory has with their club members.
The points below establish why it exists and I think it would be very beneficial for Essendon considering the current hostile climate.
Member Sub-Committee Objectives
- To enhance the relationship between Melbourne Victory Football Club and our members and deliver an integrated approach to providing the best membership experience for all.
- To establish a â€˜medium‘ for supporters to communicate directly with the club in a structured manner and receive timely and transparent responses.
- To help the club better understand the issues that most affect our members and to enable them to be involved in shaping the future of the Melbourne Victory Football Club.
- To develop member ambassadors through the Sub-Committee to assist in the receiving and dissemination of information to our members.
Role of the Member Sub-Committee
Each elected member of the Melbourne Victory Member Sub-Committee will represent their member category and best serve â€˜that group‘s‘ specific interests in meetings with the club.
Sub-Committee members will be expected to help shape each meeting agenda and actively manage relevant communications with members and the club, to facilitate the increase of information sharing from the club to our members.
Each Sub-committee member will be required to attend six meetings throughout the year and also become engaged with the various segments of the member base. The specificity of the membership experience, which the Sub-Committee will be consulted on are the following areas.
- Communication (Member, Media and Social)
- Membership category, entitlements and privileges
- Match day ticketing and promotion
- Match day experience
- Merchandise and retail products
- Away and ACL fixtures
- Community engagement
- Equality and social responsibility