Mental Health

To my fellow Bomber members and supporters,

This is my first post and quite possibly my last. I am a 19 year member who has seen a lot over my journey as a Bomber supporter from the 70's to present day (grand finals, injuries and stunning victories). Clearly the past 7 months has been a roller-coaster ride of emotions that has spanned everything from extreme joy to exceptional sadness.

Many of us live, breathe and immerse ourselves in the support of our beloved Bombers. I am no different - my young children are Bombers members and have started attending some games with me. I want to expose them to everything good about the Bombers and its special culture as a member and supporter.

I would like to plead with every Essendon supporter/member to take care of their mental health at this moment and into the future. We all have different stresses/pressures in our lives - both personally and professionally (including the influence of the events we have experienced over the past several months). Each of us has a different tolerance level to these influences over our lives. Some of us may currently be experiencing exceptional sadness, helplessness, anger, depression or other similar emotions. To these people, I would plead with you to seek support - either a friend, colleague or a mental health professional. Please reach out for support and rest assured you are not alone.

To those who recognise a significant change in the behaviour of a friend, family member, colleague or acquaintance, please show some interest and offer assistance. If you are significantly concerned, please contact a mental health professional or Life Line (13 11 14 or www.lifeline.org.au).

The events of the past several months have been awful on many levels, but rest assured, as a club, supporter base, we will learn, grow and be better people for this experience (as hard as that seems at the moment).

Please take care and lets support our team and fellow Bomber members and supporters.

Average bloke in the outer.

remember, football isnt everything. don’t take this personally.

People react in different way so don’t make light of a serious issue.

Yep if anyone needs help i'm happy for a PM or to assist in helping out.

#UnitedEFC

My very passionate father has had health issues this year so I know where the thread creator is coming from. He’s doing OK, but this saga couldn’t have come at a worse time.

We are going through the toughest moment in our club’s history and we’ve shown the club that we are passionate and loyal. We’ll make it out the other side and #17 will be the sweetest.

Good post by op.

I have non stopped copped it since the sanctions were handed down.

“it will be a good day when” blah blah blah. Lol. Maybe I will start head butting people more often.

Take care of yourself bomber fans.

As someone whose depression and panic attacks have been getting worse over the months of this crap i also dont understand why you would find this funny

Let it go people. Use your energy to support the club and not to fight the injustice and the attacks from all the vultures. We can't win these arguments.

On-field success is the only panacea. Get behind the boys.

I’ve been feeling the strain over the last couple of weeks. Have been copping heaps from colleagues at work. I’m a pretty strong willed person so I can shrug it off but this year has without doubt been one of the toughest in my life to date.

We have to keep supporting one another and the club. It’s going to be a tough climb back but we are the backbone of the club. We must remain strong…

We owe this club so much, and it’s time like these when our resolve is tested that we have to stick together.

Can’t wait for 2014!!!

remember, football isnt everything. don't take this personally.

It's tough not to take it personally.....it's like a member of your family been charged with a serious crime.
All I can is try and find other worthwhile pursuits and take your mind away from this for some time.
Things will get bett Ed with time.

Everyone needs to get used to the idea of being extremely rude to non-believers.

Call if you need any tips. I’ve got it down to a fine art.

Lines like “what the f**k made you think I give a ■■■■ about your opinion?”

The problem isn't taking it personally. The problem is the feelings of helplessness and powerlessness. You spend 7 months fighting ignorant fools only to be reminded again that the world is ran by ignorant fools.

Everyone needs to get used to the idea of being extremely rude to non-believers.
Call if you need any tips. I've got it down to a fine art.
Lines like "what the f**k made you think I give a **** about your opinion?"

Spoken like a true veteran!

To the OP, a timely reminder well put.

We had a thread on Blitz some time ago about depression, had some wonderful insights from some genuine real people who permeate these pages

It's tough not to take it personally.....it's like a member of your family been charged with a serious crime.
All I can is try and find other worthwhile pursuits and take your mind away from this for some time.
Things will get bett Ed with time.

The mighty Noble Park Bulls will win the EFL flag, and at least we will have something to celebrate Savio.

Everyone has a breaking point, just try and make sure yours wont be found before your opponents.

Don't give in.

To rebuild this disaster will be difficult, but that's when people's true nature comes to the fore, during adversity.  

Most people were disappointed after Tuesday night, shattered and hurt.

Watch Bomber on Footy Classifieds, listen to Hird's QC, and to Hird himself and take heart that the club will right this mess, there are reasons why this mess occurred, but there will be reasons to be confident we will rebuild.  

It's happened, take it on board, learn from it, but don't dwell on it.

Call if you need any tips. I've got it down to a fine art.
Lines like "what the f**k made you think I give a **** about your opinion?"

followed by "I will die with passion while you will die of boredom"

Not really trying to make this topic "Cult of Hird" stuff, (and I wont waffle on), have a think about how most of Australia (it seems) wants to see Hird battered, bloodied, bruised and beaten. 

It hasn't happened.

Despite all those people trying, they haven't found his breaking point yet.

I'm betting they wont find it either.

Take that as your inspiration.

My partner a mad keen Essendon supporter but more importantly a father and a son, brother only last week took his own life. Over the last months this saga at the club seemed to be more important than ever before. Remember football is a game and whilst we are all passionate about our club as well as defensive nothing is worth taking yourself away from your loved ones. Also reach out and ask your mates if there ok, listen to your friends. Most of all men it is ok to ask for help nothing is more painful than losing someone you love. Bomber supporters partner

my condolences on your tragic loss, Neo.

Mental health is more important than ANYTHING.

For all those people that don’t know what I mean, congratulations, for all those that do, please never hesitate to SPEAK TO PEOPLE. We care. We all care. It’s not attention seeking, it’s not a weakness, it’s a reality!!! and only those people with the IQ of a duck don’t understand this.