Merve Keane

Horrible.

2 Likes

This is so sad, were they both sudden? Or sick?

I canā€™t even comprehend how tough going through this would be.

2 Likes

Damn that sucks. Thoughts go out to the family.

1 Like

awful news to hear. i wish him nothing but the best.

4 Likes

Apologies, and thoughts go out.

Deleted

1 Like

They died under different circumstances.

Far out. Thoughts with merv

Canā€™t fathom how awful that would be

Thatā€™s horrific.

Very sad news.

Condolences just donā€™t seem enough. Hoping he has a lot of support around him.

6 Likes

Heā€™s on open mike tonight, opens up on the tragic events of last year.

Anyone else watching Merv Keane on Open Mike?
Heartbreaking stuff, I totally missed the news RE his daughter and wife.
For those of you that have Foxtel I highly recommend recording it, compelling stuff.

1 Like

Very sad story

There was also an article in the Hun yesterday ( behind paywall)

Unbelievable courage to take to the screens and open up about something so private, seemingly for the chance that it may help even just one person.

Perspective, Bravo.

8 Likes

Thanks for posting

1 Like

Watching now, fkn hard stuff to watch

Did the wife take her own life? Iā€™m presuming this is the case

Thatā€™s what it said in the article.

Horrific for Merv, must have enormous strength to carry on and do his best to make a difference.

It is a very tough life as a young doctor in a hospital and he used extremely mild language regarding the Coronor, if the Coronor in anyway could be construed as blaming his daughterā€™s family for the tragedy that is more than terrible.

The Coronor as a medical person should have a good perspective on the shortcomings of the medical system in hospitals where the hours are ridiculously long and stress is extremely high, what Merv is doing is on the money, I have heard of a couple of doctors who have lost their lives to the stress of the job and the lack of support they get.

Congratulations to Merv Keane on a fantastic career. Did a great job with our recruiting over the last few years. suffered a terrible personal loss last year, and now looking to make a difference for young doctors in his retirement years. A true champion we will miss him.

34 Likes