Mid Season Draft — Operation Replace Devon completed

Looks like 2 picks for us in the mid season draft now Smith is out, come on down Marlon Pickett!!

4 Likes

Yes, the silver lining is it happened before the draft and not after. Can get a ruck
An and Pickett!

1 Like

Definitely use the first pick on a mid. Ruck insurance can be taken with our second pick.

4 Likes

Are you thinking Long or clarke?

They’re the only 2 out of contract guys who aren’t either a) pushing selection or b) obviously improving.

Now we can get 2 rucks!

4 Likes

Pace and skill.

Don’t see what another C or D grade ruck offers, with Joe and Smack now back to fitness they’re not going to be getting near the seniors.

I think we will take Connellan, hopefully the other Tippa too.

1 Like

marlion and Tippa thanks

1 Like

We need a Midfield Bull and a classy ball user please.

1 Like

Exactly. I made this point a while ago in this thread. Waste of a pick.

Completely agree on the ruck point. If we only had one pick I would have overlooked a ruckman. I have argued strongly for that in this thread. Now we have 2 bites at the cherry I may be willing to look at the ruck options but my major focus would be on getting a mid.

The reason is a short term ruck option that we may find will serve little purpose for the long term while a long term option will not offer us anything for 2019.

2 Likes

TIPPA 2.0 ploise

1 Like

Hadn’t gone that far and the point is probably mute, but Long did come to mind.

If we are going to replace Zlarke at years end we might as well get in early, unless we think there will be a discard AFL ruckman that we can take as a DFA.

A versatile mature midfielder like Pickett or Schloithe would be ideal.

And a ready to go defensive small forward like Lowson (likely to go in the first few picks) or Tippa

Whilst I like Connellan, I just don’t see where he fits in as a tall running back, which isn’t exactly the most pressing need. Dylan Landt is the only guy from our VFL set up that I would be tempted to take, but he would be a long-term prospect.

1 Like

Come on down…two skinny half back flankers.

4 Likes

We need Marlon Pickett. Marlon Pickett needs us.

1 Like

Please go find some WAFL vision and pay attention to Schloithe’s kicking.
No chance of getting back to the AFL. Last player we need.

With Smith gone, Raz injured so often & Moz a mile off it would think we need that mature age quick strong tackling fwd who is capable & fit enough to push into midfield

Is that Pickett?

Tim Kelly seems to think he can play anywhere.

If so him & a 205cm+ brute ruck seems the go

The clubs with picks below us you’d expect might jump quicker though. Especially if already have lists lacking in experience, although his age, off field history & go home factor could also deter.

1 Like

You’re probably right especially considering he isn’t getting a medical I’d say he’ll go unpicked

I wonder whether salary cap is a consideration, that could prevent us taking two players…

Do we have 1 pick or 2 picks now? Im hearing we missed the cut-off (which was friday) Is this correct?