Mid Season Draft — Operation Replace Devon completed

I don’t think Mitch Grigg was a fan of the Midseason Draft as a concept and didn’t nominate

@Aceman would know

Aaron Black was the pick next to sniffer Carlisle.

Correct. Mitch isn’t interested and is committed fully to Norwood

What happened to Grassy Knoll?
Was that just a conspiracy theory?

3 Likes

He and Pickett are the only two who have been linked with us, so he is still a good chance. Albeit, most of the links to us have appeared to be speculation along the lines of “Draper is out therefore Essendon need a ruckman”; whereas with Pickett we actually had confirmed meeting with him.

Richmond are also in need of a ruckman atm, so we may need to go for him with our first pick to trump them.

Interviewed Ben Sokol last week and Deluca from wafl

6 Likes

Theres DEFINITELY a few people here who believe we’re into Pickett. Its rumour everywhere

Id be fkn stoked if we got deluca, as mentioned above. He can play

3 Likes

How about Sokol? He’s a marking small forward yeah?

I havent seen many of subiaco’s games, or him this year

We have absolutely spoken to Knoll. This was confirmed to me a couple of weeks ago

2 Likes

Deluca is a 4 time flag winner at what, 23? Has win a Simpson medal, i was suprised when freo delisted him. He’s certainly good enough to plsy AFL

3 Likes

I love how we’re getting excited about state league players that we think will be the next Messiah…!

7 Likes

First article when I searched for Sokol was about him kicking a goal, first article about Deluca was “Subiaco Lions believe Josh Deluca’s three-week WAFL race ban is harsh”. As near as I can tell he called someone “Asian”? Anyway, there’s not a lot of easily available WAFL footage of players is what I’m saying.

Both Sokol and Deluca, and even Pickett appear to have reputations as big game players.

Sokol has kicked 9 goals in the last two WAFL Grandfinals. He is also averaging nearly 9 tackles per game this season. He would surely be the end of Baguley.

A combination of Knoll, Sokol, Pickett and Deluca doesn’t sound too bad, all of them would be pushing for senior selection imo, with the exception of Knoll who would most likely be insurance for Bellchambers. And if they aren’t then at the very least they would all be a major boost to our VFL teams chances.

We certainly couldn’t do worse than some of our either perpetually injured players, or those who have been playing the twos for 3 years with no chance of getting selected.

Kelly, Stewart and Atkins have transformed Geelong over the past 3 years.

Pick Pickett!

1 Like

Can a team delist a player during the year?

Highly doubt it.

Didn’t FCFC do that earlier this year and were allowed to bring someone else in as a replacement?