Mid Season Draft — Operation Replace Devon completed

The file-naming format at the time was a bit too obvious… date, name, letter I think indicating size of video?

http://davidj.richardson.name/external/101118_atley-h.m4v

1 Like

JD out for season - WTF? Not reported in Injury thread…?

The AFL must love how teams are desperately sacking and crippling players just to get involved in their little stunt.

5 Likes

I must admit to being very much against this mid season draft.

Now I find we are in need of it and hopefully some good can come from it.

3 Likes

Careful, if it’s successful the afl will introduce a monthly draft.

4 Likes

Waiting for mid season draft radio

8 Likes

We have picked up 2 selections in two days. By next Monday at this rate we will have 7 picks.

2 Likes

I have a feeling it’s going to accelerate. 1 two days ago, 1 yesterday, 2 today, 3 tomorrow, 5 the day after…

We may need an entirely new list

2 Likes

A big ruckman, and a Ruckman forward for mine.

Will probably get 2 HBF’s who can develop as mid’s.

2 Likes

if we can pick up Adrian McAdam all is forgiven.

1 Like

Take the best mid available with the first pick and then roll the dice on 2 tall fellas. Hopefully one of them isn’t terrible.

We’ve got Smack & Brown back this week and Stewart is a week off. The I’d rather play Smack as second ruck to Belly than blow our best mid season pick on another maybe player.

3 Likes

A mid - Pickett and two ruckman.

2 Likes

If you want a good laugh, go find his linkedin post where he’s whingeing about getting the ■■■■ from Frankston VFL.

Bitter doesn’t even begin to cover it.

So it looks like we may have 3 picks in the midseason draft. Fingers crossed we don’t end up with 4.

1 Like

4? Let’s aim for a dozen. We’re gonna go full 2016

3 Likes

FFS.

3 picks now I guess.

Do these extra picks add to the salary cap? How exactly does it work?
What happens at the end of the year, are these extra picks discarded or delisted or kept?

So, we have the rest of today, then the 24th, 25th, 26th and hopefully until midnight on the 27th to get as many players injured as possible. As of now, we have about108 hours to go.

2 Likes

Well this thread gets more relevant by the minute.