Mid Season Draft — Operation Replace Devon completed

Yes but the LTI/“retired” guys come out of the cap.

With Drapes, Dev & Joey getting LTIs and Raz getting another injury, is this the worst ever 2 week period for serious injuries?

3 Likes

Winderlich and Dempsey both doing their knees in the opening quarter a few years back was quite bad. Probably not as bad a two weeks, but a pretty ■■■■ half an hour.

8 Likes

I’d put the Winderlich / Dempsey double ACL up there.

2 Likes

Loved 'em both but they were never close to B&Fs. Winder might have been if he had a better rig. There was a period in 2001, near Rd 4 I think, when everyone went down - Misiti, Blumfield, Caracella, Long, Barnes & a bunch more - which killed off our flag chances (together with the Hird, Fletch & Merc injuries later) as they never got their match conditioning back.

1 Like

Winderlich and Dempsey never won B&F’s or came close to it.

The problem now is that Worsfold won’t be put under the hammer for poor performances this year. Injuries will be to blame when we finish bottom 6.

1 Like

Guys. Focus. We’ve got less than a week. We still need to:

Nominate a potential draftee that will save our season.

Prepare our posts expressing “outrage” when said draftee is overlooked.

Perhaps most importantly show discipline not to return to said posts and perhaps realise we over-reacted when the overlooked player does nothing meaningful at the top level.

12 Likes

But we would have farked Fark Carlton over that day had they not gone down.

It’s actually really hard to work out what is worse. On the one hand, losing two BnF winners is bad, BUT, when you have the chance to fark Fark Carlton…

1 Like

Mate, I swear, if Stringer doesn’t nominate us soon, we are farked…

8 Likes

First Pick Pickett
second pick Tippa
Third pick Tom Boyd

They would all be good additions to our VFL side.

2 Likes

1986 sucked for injuries. Someone with a better memory could fill in the details but it felt at the time like we were losing a premiership player a week to injury.

5 Likes

Nowadays that would only take a week.

It’s actually deliberate.

To meet their kpi to reduce injuries to premiership players, the club’s high performance team have focussed on reducing the number of premiership players as that is easier than reducing the number of injuries.

1 Like

Yeah nah.

1 Like

I think we are looking at this all wrong. What does our VFL team need to make sure it has the best possible chance to win the premiership. Stuff the 1sts they can just work a bit harder.

2 Likes

Would love us to pick him up after retirement would be so funny.
just let him play VFL. get his mojo back. and if Smack/Stewart/Brown all go down again then he can have a game in the 1’s. Zero pressure on him to be a star.

We obviously need at least one ruckman, a mid field insider and perhaps we might also consider another key forward/ruckman?

2 Likes

We lost Vander to a broken leg, about Round 2, Tim Watson to a knee reco Round 4 and Daisy Williams to a broken ankle/leg Round 5.

Precipitated the Bradbury/Carey axings and bringing in Raines and Richardson, which I don’t think did player morale any good at all.

6 Likes

Tore the heart out of the club. First time I thought Sheedy needed to go

2 Likes