Mid Season Draft — Operation Replace Devon completed

I think Tippa is expected to go in the first couple of picks isn’t he? North are really keen.

I don’t know why there’s this narrative of not taking players because of the $$$.

Half a season of rookie wages is a minimal investment. Having a player train and play for ~12 weeks is the best possible way to evaluate them as long term options.

10 Likes

I will get shot down also but there’s a possibility that one of or both of Redman and Ridley could move into the midfield as they build up size…

We also have very little really as quality cover for if Saad or McKenna miss unless you move McGrath out of midfield which is not the plan.

Pickett given his apparent versatility can play HBF, wing/inside mid or HFF.

IMO he’d be the one of the best we could get to cover for Smith going out & most likely to be able to impact immediately at AFL level.

6 Likes

An option… depends how our big bodied midfielder goes after the mid-season draft.

Anyone know a great deal about him? Is he what we need ?

1 Like

Yes if we aren’t using 3 picks available to us for financial reasons then we really have our priorities out of whack.

5 Likes

1st pick we be some guy none of us have ever heard of then we will go pass, pass

2 Likes

Nice mark and a couple of snags in this vid. Commentators seem to speak really highly of him too.

How does this Draft order work, currently we have pick 6, does that mean we can pick 3 at pick 6 or is there other rounds?

Indicative Mid-Season Rookie Draft Order

First Round

1. Carlton
  2. North Melbourne
  3. Sydney
  4. Melbourne
  5. Gold Coast
  6. Essendon
  7. Port Adelaide
  8. Western Bulldogs
  9. Hawthorn
  10. Richmond
  11. Greater Western Sydney
  12. Adelaide
  13. Collingwood

Second Round

1. Gold Coast
  2. Richmond
  3. Greater Western Sydney

Without a pick: Brisbane, Fremantle, Geelong, St Kilda, West Coast

I’d say the order of each round doesn’t change. Teams will just drop out as they pass. Probably pick 6, 15 & ~19 if we take all 3.

2 Likes

Nope. Like the normal draft. We’d be pick 6, thenpick 14, then 17.

Based on what’s above. But it’s a little out dated.

2 Likes

Yep. So many players have been tapped on the shoulder to retire, there’s potentially 30 picks that could be taken. Have completely lost track of where this has ballooned out to.

2 Likes

Yep. It’s prob more likely to be 6, 20 and 28 or something.

“Retire”, nudge nudge wink wink.

This is a pisstake because you just want Ajang Ajang to lineup on Alir Alir.

I think our last pick will probably be closer to 22.
Most clubs will have a handful of players they’re considering, and with a fair bit of overlap- once those players have gone then I can see clubs passing on a second pick. As seen by the relatively small number chosen for medical tests it’s a small pool of players. It’s not like you have to take someone, and if your preferred 4 or 5 are all gone, you either pass or draft some skinny unknown from the bush no ones ever heard of, which few clubs will opt to do.

1 Like

Whatever happened to Xavier Richards?

You’re right, i hadn’t considered that. A lot of club don’t actually need a replacement.

The concept seems a little weird. You would think that once you get you’re new player he’d have to spend a couple of months learning a system and building fitness. Surely there wouldn’t be many who are just ready to go?