Mid Season Draft — Operation Replace Devon completed

Looks like it was Michael Knoll or nothing for us. Actually drafting for current needs

2 Likes

I dont get it.

guess they are in a position they don’t really need him and can wait the 8-10 weeks for a recover and hope he gets back to playing his decent footy from last year.

if they do they walk into the finals essentially with another tim kelly.
smart in a sense, high risk but high reward.

1 Like

■■■■■’giggles innit

This is like knowing your getting a birthday morning tea and they bring in carrot sticks and hommus dip.
And a carrot cake with no sugar in it.

6 Likes

We had the last pick of this draft, and think we can Zone pick him at the end of the year?

1 Like

■■■■ dodoro and the footy department off.

It’s not about that, you get access to them at the end of the year without having to go to the draft, it’s a free 6 month job interview to test out a state league player. We should have used three picks!

6 Likes

Just to get his hopes up.

I feel like they have Jackets locked in a closet somewhere.

2 Likes

Can we?

Computer says no

FMD Dudoro makes some bizarre decisions.

Suspect we wanted Knoll and Snelling.

3 Likes

$70k off the salary cap per spot. Considering we are tight on the cap after the SSSS trades, we clearly aren’t spending coin unless it ends up on field.

We have contracts to tie down and each player costs money. If there isn’t someone you want you don’t just throw the money away for the sake of it.

3 Likes

It may not come off the salary cap, but I imagine there’s a fair bit of coin in the coaches box

2 Likes

based purely on Blitz very unknowledgable understanding of what the club needs.

2 Likes

Maybe? The AFL may have only nixed it saying we could not do it mid year.

With that being said, why would we try to do it now, to get him on now, and then we have a spot and don’t.

Still doesn’t make much sense.

1 Like