Mid Season Draft — Operation Replace Devon completed

You honestly have to wonder WTF is going on with the way our club is run.

2 Likes

I don’t get this. Surely we have Salary cap worked out for this year.

It’s all in this years cap, not next years, it shouldn’t effect future signings.

2 Likes

Wasn’t Twoppa in Brisbane’s academy? or Sydneys?

If we had him playing as a part of our VFL setup then that may have counted as us contributing to his development.

William MINGMA Snelling

9 Likes

We would just re-rookie him at seasons end, no big deal.

The other way we theoretically have to match a bid if we added him as an academy selection.

So we really did give up a legitimate free hit on him, to go the riskier route at years end

1 Like

So we do take risks when it comes to recruitment

3 Likes

Maybe they thought Snelling would be gone?

Mingma is a Tibetan name for boys meaning Born on a Tuesday

5 Likes

He was born on a Wednesday. The plot thickens.

10 Likes

Maybe they think TIPPA2 is still a fair way off it so will get through to rookie or not selected again and can take as Catb?

It is strange we enquired to have academy dibs on him but then didn’t pick him when could have though

2 Likes

We deserve an explanation why they passed on 18

I do not get it
He appears to be very small
I thought we were after a big bodied midfielder or a ruckman
I am also shocked they enquired about Tippa 2 but passed
Can someone please explain that?

1 Like

Replacement for Devon Smith.

Marlion Pickett to Richmond

We have the cap space. If there’s one thing we are good at is having actual funds (ie not having to save $30k or half a year’s rookie wage which I’m guessing is the cost here). Why not get Tipungwuti just so we can have a look at him for 6 months for “free” (as close to it as you’ll get in footy) and retaining dibs on him?

No idea on Snelling but missing Marlion is gonna prove foolish. Just like Stack. Just like Walla for 2015 (and arguably 2014)

1 Like

We are such a joke!

Forgive the dumb question but can academy or zone picks go on the rookie B list?

Where is he based? Maybe they thought he would develop better playing where he is for the rest of the year?

Yes, but it makes little difference