Mid Season Draft — Operation Replace Devon completed

He’s bigger than Tippa 2!

On Tiwi. Training on his own

Marlion is 28, which means every club is stupid based on your logic. Stack was also ignored by every club until Richmond gave him a shot and put him on the pre-season sup list, they hardly went out on a big limb. Walla is on our list and wasn’t ready any earlier, people are complaining about him now not being consistent.

I was so looking forward to the inevitable Tippa2Tippa2 user name

12 Likes

How many small players do we have under 178?
Mcgrath, Parish, Merrett, Fantasia, Smith, Merret, Tippa

We love them all but

Look at the successful teams and the size of their midfielders

Marlion Pickett could have been selected with pick 1 and played next

1 Like

Still might happen!

Disappointed

Again

There is no pre-season sup list. It’s just their list.

Sort of yes, but it was a pres-season sup selection, not a main list draft selection. There is a difference and i was pointing out that Richmond hardly went out on a limb.

You are right, except for one minor small detail preventing him from playing next week:
broken finger keeping him out for 10 weeks

2 Likes

I too am extremely annoyed about us picking up this player I’ve never heard of instead of picking up one of the other players who I’ve also never heard of

13 Likes

OK
So why did they want the AFL to allow him to be available with a priority pick and not pick him?

1 Like

Yep, I think that’s exactly the thinking. Which is smart really.

Blitz on Saturday: Killed by Richmond’s smalls and their pressure!

Blitz on Monday: WTF did we draft a small known for his tackling?

24 Likes

Let’s face it if we didn’t take Tippa2 the chances are we aren’t going to pick him up later in the year either. Otherwise, we would have just forgone 6 months of development in an AFL environment.

Read that he wouldn’t be fit enough to play this season seeing NTFL season finished in March.

Where is the backup ruck. If we were taking “guys who can contribute now” as loaners that fill a hole in our list (and we’re one of the few to go down that route), then surely a mature ruck/backup KP was a priority.

Daniher gone, Draper gone, Stewart looking pretty unlikely any time this year, Clarke having had calf problems, McKernan one game back from a pretty bad hammy, Brown perhaps having reinjured his broken wrist and Bellchambers being Bellchambers and having shown for 10 years straight that he can’t actually maintain a high level week in week out for 22 weeks, and will need “management” at least at some stage.

I can understand the Tippa thing if we thought he wasn’t ready, and we wanted to add depth as per the concept of the mid season draft. But I can’t see us overlooking a tall in that case.

(And Tippa would provide sht loads more depth than an empty list spot)

2 Likes

No strong opinions really. We picked up someone to hopefully cover Smith, and I’ve largely given up caring about our apparent dislike of midfielders over 6ft.

If we use a top 40 national draft pick 6 months from now on someone who was eligible, then I’ll have strong opinions.

4 Likes

That!

I’m flabbergasted, I really am.

2 Likes

If only there was a mid season draft for coaches.

4 Likes