Mid Season Draft — Operation Replace Devon completed

I would have been just as flabbergasted if you had not ended up flabbergasted after the draft.

8 Likes

Plays in the NEAFL, which is now.

1 Like

I reckon Disco has found Sheedy’s stash of red.

Only picks dudes if he can do it on the sneak

It’s exactly the same as if they’d used their last draft pick in the ND on him, which they passed. It’s definitely not going out on a limb, but it’s actually more of a limb than the rookie draft. Anyway, quibbles.

it was odd viewing, picks 1 to 6 all had a pic and bio put up on the screen, bit of footage i think.
our pick, oh you’ve picked him up, ok we dont’ have anything on him so the screen behind the essendon guy is just the logo.

Will we even have a top 40 draft pick?

100% we pick Riley Bowman in the National Draft.

1 Like

I was seriously thinking of gasting my flabber, … but then decided ICBF. :smirk:

2 Likes

This is how I reckon the week went

2 Likes

Yes except they didn’t use that pick, they instead were concerned but decided to give the kid a shot, and then when they were certain, picked him up. So they took a gamble but really didn;t in a lot of ways.

It was smart by them and something we should start doing too.

Hope Will is selected this week and dominates.

1 Like

So we just took one inside mid? Is that right?

If we pick anyone who was eligible and on the radar in the MSD, then we screwed up.

Whether it’s Tippa2 or Bowman, we would have wasted the opportunity to give them a 6-month headstart in a professional environment and we also would have wasted the ND pick taking a player that we didn’t take earlier

3 Likes

So the Swans took Knoll and Hirst. Not a bad day at the office for them

2 Likes

I’m in the boat it makes no sense not to pick someone up.
even if it was tippa 2.
why not get him down, give him a 4-6 week block of just training to get fit enough to play.
could also find out if he would be able to handle the pressure of afl standard life.

essentially you could have found out what you need to now, instead of waiting or hoping he gets better by the years end drafting stuff ?

makes no sense why you wouldn’t be using every available option to you to try and improve the whole list.

8 Likes

Jackets is going to make him move to Melbourne and spend 3 years in the VFL before he even considers him draft worthy. Its a family tradition.

It was a ruckman we needed, if Belly goes down we are fcked.

4 Likes

Put it this way; Tippa 1 dominated consistently and had a huge movement behind him getting drafted and he barely got a rookie spot.

Tippa 2 has about 3 years ahead of him before he can be considered.

1 Like

I don’t think it has anything to do with his ‘family’

Totally agree
I am gutted again

But when you think about it we should not be too surprised

When did we last win a final?
It cant always be the coach’s fault

1 Like

Just so people know what we are on about.

2 Likes